July 22, 2014

Crumbs on hiatus

by Anna Johns, posted Feb 18th 2006 11:17AM
crumbs fred savageCrumbs' two week hiatus just got extended indefinitely by ABC. The new Fred Savage comedy was off the schedule during the Olympics but now it doesn't appear to be returning anytime soon. Instead, ABC will stretch next week's episode of Dancing with the Stars to two hours. The network has scheduled movies, Sweet Home Alabama and Bringing Down the House, on the following Thursdays, March 2 and 9. Then, ABC launches the Simon Cowell competition American Inventor and, starting March 23, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition comes to Thursdays.

It's actually a bit of a surprise that Crumbs is shelved. It's the highest-rated comedy on ABC these days, even ahead of The George Lopez Show. There are eight episodes of Crumbs that are left to air so maybe we'll see it back on the schedule this summer. Or on iTunes.

[The Futon Critic]

George

If this is the highest rated ABC comedy Then why was it canceled? Some guy is sitting in a corner office earning $200G's a year or more, making crumby (no pun intended)decisions. The characters were just starting to develope. There is so much potential. I'm so disallusioned on tv's thinking I just don't understand. ABC, you really need to get a new program director.

April 03 2006 at 1:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
S

Great cast, good premise, a lot of possibilities with this show....I like the fact that there is a subplot where Fred Savage's character is grappling with his homosexuality ie. coming out to his parents and brother. Strong characters like Jane Curtin and Willian Devane are marvelous to watch. Let this show develop;it has the makings of a classic.

March 23 2006 at 1:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JOAN CURTO

I really really hope Crumbs comes back to television.
ABC has really goofed by putting it on some shelf.
I look for it every week in the TV Guide to no avail.
I think it is a very funny show, and that all cast all works very well together. I have watched it since the promos were advertising it, and have thoroughly enjoyed watching every show. Please listen to your viewers ABC !!!

March 23 2006 at 11:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
anita

I looked forward to the starting of the show because of the actors I have enjoyed watching for years were back. The show nor the actors disappointed me and I looked for to seeing all season ABC get it right instead showing some stupid fill in show that I wouldn"t consider watching.

March 23 2006 at 12:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
anita

March 23 2006 at 12:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
debbie

I love this show! When is it coming back???

March 13 2006 at 10:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
F Sandler

I love Crumbs, especially Jane Curtin. This is the only sitcom I watch now, except for Weeds. Please renew this show!

March 10 2006 at 12:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jean Nelson

Crumbs is hysterically funny. I truly hope ABC not only airs the remaining episodes, but picks it up another season. It's such a fun show!

March 02 2006 at 10:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scot

What the heck is wrong with ABC? This is one of the freshest most creative shows around. They keep crap going indefinately and then shelve Crumbs?
ABC=AIN'T BEEN CONSCIOUS for years.
Get it together ABC.

February 27 2006 at 11:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jerome Claudin

I only saw one episode of Crumbs and I liked it very much. I like to see that young man Fred Savage. And I liked the show. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!

February 24 2006 at 9:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply