Paris Bennett's new 'do

by Anna Johns, posted Feb 18th 2006 5:17PM
paris bennett hairYikes. I thought Paris "The Sure Thing" Bennett could do no wrong as an American Idol contestant. Then she had this done to herself. Check out her bio page over at FOX's American Idol webpage. Paris is the only one of 24 contestants who has gone through a radical makeover since we saw her this week in Hollywood. And it's not good. Too. Much. Hair.

What do you think of Paris' new look?

[Via Entertainment Weekly]

LATYSHA

PARIS IS VERY TALENTED---IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW SHE WEARS HER HAIR, THE GIRL CAN SING AND DANCE; HER VOICE MOVES YOUR SPIRIT IN A SPECIAL WAY; WHATEVER THEME SHE SINGS, HER HAIRSTYLE WILL FIT THE PART; SHE'S THE NEXT AMERICAN IDOL; SHE IS A BLESSED YOUNG GIRL AND I HOPE SHE RISE QUICKLY TO THE TOP

April 20 2006 at 3:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JimBoB

Poster number 12. WHAT are you talking about. Her "Midnight Train to Georgia" performance was by far her BEST performance to date. IF I would have had to chose an idol that night, it HAD to be Paris, hands down.

Give us a break. I have watched that performance,
(and others), at least 25 times now and it is superb. The best so far on Idol. SHE needs to get back to that one.

I am sure Gladys loved it.

JimBoB

April 04 2006 at 1:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LJ

What youre saying is it's not okay to be African American. African Americans have hair that can be styled many ways. Besides who wants to be a plain Jane and keep the same boring hair style day in and day out. Some of you people are insane! I love the comment about sending Paris to France for a little sprucing up. That's right send Paris someplace where she will be taught how not to be African American and conform her to the European standards of beauty. Racism is so deeply ingrained in some of you that you wouldn't know it if it hit you in the face.

Its amazing how when Paris danced most boards talked bad about Paris how dare she gyrate in front of America. However, when Shakira (Slutkira) does it half naked its mesmerizing and shes considered AMAZING! GMAB!

March 30 2006 at 1:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
trish

i think she looks fantastic in many different styles! and she is super talented. i could say a lot of stuff about the other contestants and their shitty looks!

March 10 2006 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David Levasseur

Paris can sing and nobody can take that away from her. She can easily take off the hair extensions and did. No big deal. She is adorable any way you look at it and her voice is unbelievable. Paris I love you!

February 24 2006 at 11:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cathy Jones

I think Paris has it all!!! I think the bopping around just showed her talent as a performer and entertainer. She is adorable no matter what she does. She is a young lady with a bright future. Her singing voice sure surprised me after hearing her speaking voice. I think she will go far no matter if she becomes "The 2006 American Idol" or not. I think she chose a GREAT song for her voice and she felt every minute of it. "You Go Girl".

February 24 2006 at 9:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bree

And please excuse my mistakes in my original entry...I believe I spelt things instead of thinks.

February 24 2006 at 9:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bree

Well, hmmmm ..... here we go again. I don't see what difference it makes...but I actually liked her new hair. I unfortunatly missed the show...but saw it here. I didn't see the bopping everyone is speaking of so I can't comment on that. But truthfuly, I don't see where it makes a bit of difference what anyone things of her hair...seriously, are you gonna base you vote on a hair-do ?

February 24 2006 at 9:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Suzan Pulsifer

the money was wasted on this young girl. the FRESH LOOK is IN, the MAKEOVERS are OUT. get with it.

February 24 2006 at 9:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ellen

Paris has a very nice voice. Her hair shouldn't be the issue here. The bopping has got to go.

February 24 2006 at 9:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply