September 2, 2014

Nick Lachey seeking spousal support

by Anna Johns, posted Feb 19th 2006 9:22AM
lachey simpson divorceNick Lachey filed papers on friday in response to Jessica's Dec. 16th divorce filing, reserving the right to request spousal support. Jessica's divorce filing requested that she not be required to provide support but she's going to need a lawyer who can do some fancy footwork because they didn't sign a prenuptial agreement. Her success is obviously based very much on the success of their show, Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica on MTV. Jessica made more than $30 million last year.

Adam

Ok, I love Jessica and would probably leave me wife for her, just kidding about the leaveing my wife for her.

But I do love her. Nick wanted her to sign a prenup when they got married because he was more successful than her.

She flatly refused. Now because of Newlyweds her stardom has skyrocketed and she made most of the money.

The price is half. I hope Nick gets half of everything plus spousal support. Maybe next time she will sign the prenup. Unfortunately it was a lesson learned the hard way.

February 20 2006 at 8:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rachel

He was the one that had the money when they first got married. My guess is that if she never made it, she would take him to the cleaners... I say give it to him.

And it sounds to me like she has done a bit of cheating herself. Not to mention the fact that she dumps her husband the second she gets famous. Nice.

February 20 2006 at 8:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Simmons

Bottom line: His career is washed-up and now, he's seeking money from his own ex-wife--shame on him!

She should say, "Dream on gorilla!"

February 20 2006 at 12:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jenn

He has made enough money in his life, he is just looking for even more money. He should just try living a "normal" life and he wouldn't need spousal support.

February 19 2006 at 11:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

Hey... that's the cost of being married - HALF. I guess we know who made the money in that relationship.

February 19 2006 at 9:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kara

Wouldn't you seek spousal support if your partner divorced you after rising to the top? Everyone must agree that her claim to fame began w/ the Newlyweds, and she couldn't be a newlywed without Nick could she?

February 19 2006 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steffy

he's nuts he cheated on her and now he wants support!
he lost all rights to anything from her when he cheated on her.

February 19 2006 at 1:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply