July 30, 2014

The Shield: Man Inside

by Keith McDuffee, posted Feb 21st 2006 11:26PM
the
shieldI think the big event of this episode wasn't all that shocking to most of us, given what was shown in last week's preview. One thing that did hit me as a potential cool twist was possibility that the Strike Team would find a new home outside the Barn, and I'm not talking about jail.

I have to say that I thought Vic was losing his edge quite a bit when talking with his lawyer, though thankfully the writers made up for it during the meeting with Corinne. Vic was ready to throw out some incredibly lame excuses for taking $65k for his family, though his chose to take his licks and make sure his kids are taken care of.

The interaction between the other Strike Team members is very heated now. Shane is clearly out for himself, as he seems to even want to turn on Vic at this point. It's incredibly idiotic of them to want to talk to Kavanaugh without a lawyer. However, dragging four different lawyers into the talks would definitely turn Kavanaugh upside-down.

So, it looks like Claudette's out of the picture for good. I'd be surprised if she survived that episode and fall. One of the other officers even remarked about how her neck was all twisted, which spelled outright doom for the woman. So, one down, one to go. After seeing the previews for next week, I might have to say that Vic's old CI may be the one to go, as she fits the definition of someone who holds the key to bringing the Strike Team down. With her gone, there's little case against Lem, I believe.

Antwon Mitchel. Next week. Is it possible something with that old phone-cam picture will come back to haunt Aceveda afterall? It seems unlikely, but isn't that one of those storylines that just seemed dropped on the floor and forgotten? Speaking of dropped storylines, what about Dutch and killing the cats? Julien's I'm-not-gay story? Am I missing anything?

Quote of the episode: "Why don't you tickle your balls on your own time."

doug sharpe

All the show plots aside, can anyone tell me why they killed off Lem? Was the actor tired of playing that role or was there a contract dispute. I'm curious to know why they would kill off a vital charactor on the show.

March 31 2006 at 1:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jay

Just watched the 2nd to last of this season. I gota tell ya it has me on my toes. I was wondering if there ia going to be a season 2007 after some research there are 11 episodes next year. Shawn Ryan Keep up the great work. Who would of thought Claudette would be Captin today.

March 14 2006 at 11:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jay

March 14 2006 at 11:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jay

March 14 2006 at 11:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BJB

KM: "I think the big event of this episode wasn't all that shocking to most of us, given what was shown in last week's preview"

This is EXACTLY why I NEVER watch the previews.

Ram: HA! I kept wondering where I saw that guy before and now I remember 3 Stooges movie with Chiklis. Great catch there and also I liked how you said "And I think the Aceveda camera-phone picture will be the motivation behind Aceveda undermining Cavanaugh's investigation"

Yes they "took care of" that story line but where is the phone? Is everyone sure that no one downloaded those pictures? Even without the pictures or connection with this, I think Kavanaugh has been pissing Aceveda off enough for Aceveda to go ahead and screw Kavanaugh and his IAD investigation no matter how badly he wants to see Vic in jail.

February 23 2006 at 6:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
davidm

Did anyone catch them mention Kavanaugh was wearing a wedding ring, but he isn't married any more? I think the strike team might use that against him. Maybe he's gay?

February 22 2006 at 7:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ram

I kept waiting to see if the actor that played Larry Fine in the 3 Stooges biopic would pop up. This episode reunited Curly & Moe (Chiklis and the cop that wired the C4). And I think the Aceveda camera-phone picture will be the motivation behind Aceveda undermining Cavanaugh's investigation.

February 22 2006 at 4:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tali

Ohh Also The Guy In The Cell Didn't Say "Hey, I'll do it...I need some money", He Offered To Give Them Money When Vic Told Aceveda He Really Needed The 25k ASAP Because He Killed A 2yr Old Girl & Her Mother.... Just Thought Id Clear That Up Before People Start Confusing The Rest Of The Story.

February 22 2006 at 2:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tali

Yo Fellas This Is Not The Last Season, Tv.com Stated This Season Contained 21 Episodes Which FX Decided To Split With Giving Us 10 Now And 11 Jan 2007 Which Will All Be Incorporated Season 5.

Also The Creators Publicly Stated They There Are At A 50/50 Split On Wether Or Not To End The Show With Season 5.

February 22 2006 at 2:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
George ayub

Why did you say the show will end with Vic dying. How do you know that for sure.

February 22 2006 at 1:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply