Time to trim the American Idol Talent

by Ryan j Budke, posted Feb 23rd 2006 11:15AM
ai logoOver the past two nights we've watched as the top 12 guys and the top 12 girls competed. Now, it's time to say goodbye to a few of them. Who's had their final performance on the show and just not realized it yet? Mouthy Brenna? Bobby "I wanna be Barry Manilow" Bennet? Stop by tonight and weigh in. Come back here at 8 p.m. and check in, that's when we'll unveil the location of the super secret chat room. We're losing two girls and two guys tonight. Who's it going to be? Join me tonight and I'll tell you my picks.

shirley

I agree about the whole simon being right thing. But i also want to say that my favorite so far is Taylor. I love that he is doing something that no one yet on idol has done. And that is sing the blues..and do a hell of a job at it. Im not sure that he will make it to be american idol but man is he amazing or what

February 24 2006 at 11:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joy

Simon is the only honest one and I can't stand the way Paula and Randy treat him half of the time either. Even if they don't agree, christ, he has a right to his opinion (which is normally spot on).

Go Ace!

February 24 2006 at 10:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joanne

i ususally agree with simon 99.9% of the time. i want to know who tells these people that they can sing. they bring family with them to the auditions and they also think that their sons/daughters can sing. i like simon. i also liked that paula got a little meaner this season. please no one can be that nice. i also want to know why guys try to sing girls songs and vice versa. scotty and the other guy should stick to their gender to sing. so should everyone else.

February 24 2006 at 10:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
miggy Krentel

I am increasingly infuriated at Paula's and Randy's rude put-downs of Simon's honest (refreshingly brutal, at times) comments about our would-be idols. Give him a break, your sweetness and light is at times just as nauseating.

February 23 2006 at 6:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sblmnl

Based only their singing ability, the first 4 to leave should be...

Stevie Scott - Really weak. A wilting operatic orchid!

Brenna Gethers - More confidence than talent - and what a psycho-b**ch!

David Radford - Crazy Little Thing Called SUCK!

Bobby Bennett - "At the Copa, there was a train wreck!" Karaoke night at the Racoon Lodge, complete with Ralph Kramden!

February 23 2006 at 3:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HELEN BURNS

I & MY COWORKERS THINK THERE'S A PROBLEM WITH THE VOTING 866# FOR CONTESTANT #11. ON BOTH NIGHTS FOR THE GIRLS & THE GUYS, WHEN WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR #11, WE RECEIVED A MESSAGE THAT ALL CIRCUITS WERE BUSY. HOWEVER, FOR ALL THE OTHER #'S WE REC'D A BUSY SIGNAL (NOT A RECORDING). WE DON'T WANT "ACE" TO BE KICKED OFF BECAUSE OF THIS! WHO CAN WE CONTACT TO REPORT THIS?

February 23 2006 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mitsuo kee

American Idol is perfect television, NOW! But if the talent keeps getting proportionately better (and more beautiful--yes, Ace, I am talking about you [you have almost made me forget Constantine and my attendant heartbreak]) each year as it has so far, then it will probably have to stop at Season Seven--when the talent quotient will way exceed the fare doled out to us by MTV, VH1, et al.

February 23 2006 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply