November 24, 2014

Guess who's getting her own 'best of' DVD?

by Anna Johns, posted Feb 24th 2006 8:38AM
It's Cheri Oteri, the actress who spent five years on Saturday Night Live playing different variations of the same character. She always played it wide-eyed and hyper. Want examples? Sure! There's Ariana the cheerleader, prescription drug lady, old lady on the porch (was that Rita Delvecchio?), and even Mickey the Dyke. Although, I did enjoy her in the morning news spoof she did with Will Ferrell when the teleprompter went out and they resorted to cannibalism. And, I know the women haven't received a fair shake on the show, but she's downright annoying. Give me a Best of Jane Curtin or Jan Hooks or Nora Dunn!

I've already got the Christopher Walken (just for the cowbell) and Will Ferrell 'best of's and if I were to add a DVD to my collection, it would have to be Phil Hartman. Best character actor. Ever.

[Via Pop Candy]

floyd fox

that was nancy walls in that wake up and smile sketch not cheri oteri will ferrell ate david allen grier from in living color

March 07 2006 at 12:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Katie

Yes, Nancy Walls was in the Cannibalism sketch, not Cheri Oteri. Nancy Walls is also Steve Carrell's wife

February 24 2006 at 3:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
digby

The teleprompter going out was Nancy walls and Will Ferrell...maybe that's why you liked it.

February 24 2006 at 2:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jen Segrest

I hate Cheri Oteri, I hate her name, I hate looking at her, I wince when she's on screen. All she does is scream like a nutbag. The only one I find more obnoxious is Molly Shannon. I liked NONE of the females those seasons. Cheri Oteri is tops ofo the suck.

I do like the girls they have now though...

February 24 2006 at 2:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

If it makes it to iTunes, I might check it out...

February 24 2006 at 12:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vito

The best "Best of" SNL I ever saw was, believe it or not, Tim Meadows. Well, perhaps Dana Carvey's was a little better, but for a guy with only one real recurring character, Tim Meadows had a LOT of really funny sketches. And hell, it's worth getting for his Census sketch with Christopher Walken alone.

Census-Taker: Yeah. Well, I just need to fill out this Census form with you. Uh.. how many people live in this residence?
Mr. Leonard:Oh, boy.. good question. I'm bad with numbers.. Maybe 80.
Census-Taker: 80 people live in this apartment?
Mr. Leonard: Seems high, doesn't it? Not 80. How about 4? I don't know.. I'm so bad at guestimating..
Census-Taker: Well, just take your time, and count.
Mr. Leonard: Okay.. there's me.. my wife.. our plants.. we have some candy bars..
Census-Taker: Well, you know, we don't count candy bars or plants..
Mr. Leonard: Well, then, there's just the two of us. Boy, I really overshot with the 80!

February 24 2006 at 9:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Cain

Nora Dunn??????? Puleeezzzze! She stunk.

February 24 2006 at 9:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply