October 25, 2014

My new guilty pleasure: Trick My Truck

by Anna Johns, posted Feb 24th 2006 10:20AM
trick my truckSo. I was flipping through my channel guide on Saturday night when I came upon a show called Trick My Truck on CMT. I thought it would be about cowboys getting their big, diesel Ford F-350s (or whatever those big ones are called) pimped out by some other cowboys. It turned out to be real truck drivers, as in tractor-trailers or semis, who were getting their rigs pimped.

I couldn't stop watching.

I watched four episodes back-to-back, which exposed the equation the producers use to put together each show, but I didn't mind since I kept wanting to see the final result. The Trick My Truck team would surprise a deserving truck driver who was driving a run-down rig, give him a replacement truck, and go to work. The most compelling part of each episode was the paint job. The painter, named Ryno, is a freakin' genius. He practically free-handed a ranch scene and a 3-D American flag on the side of two trucks. The inside of the cabs is pretty rockin', too. One cab was decked out with wood floors and a fireplace! The truck drivers who receive the special treatment are also very deserving. Most of them are facing financial and family burdens and, while those are not solved for them, they do get a pretty rad rig.

jackie

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU EVER GOT YOUR STORY LOOKED AT AND HOW YOU CONTACTED TRICK MY TRUCK.
THE WEB SIGHT ISN'T SHOWING ME ANY WAY TO APPLY
PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS YOU GET THIS MESSAGE
jb100angel@yahoo.con
jackie burton

March 28 2011 at 12:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RUTHIE MAE ANDERSON

MY BROTHER'S BIRTHDAY IS JULY 9,1973 AND WE WAS WANTING TO GET HIS TRUCK OVER HAUL. THAT IS THE ONLY WAY THAT HE IS MAKING A LIVING FOR HIS SON. HIS NAME IS STEVEN CROKER.HE WAS RAISED IN COFFEE COUNTY AND HE STILL LIVES HERE.IF YOU WOULD TRY TO HELP US TO GET HIS TRUCK OVER HAULED WE SUREELY APPRECIATE IT. OUR MOTHER WORRIES ABOUT HIM WHEN HE LEAVES TO GO ON THE ROAD TO GO TO WORK.WE WATCH YOUR SHOW EVERY TIME THAT IT COMES ONTO THE TELEVISION.ON CHANNEL 166 CMT. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. AND IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO E-MAIL ME I AM SENDING YOU MY YAHOO ID.THANKS AGAIN.BYE FOR NOW

May 09 2006 at 3:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carlee

If you want to apply for Trick my Truck you have to go to the company that is responsible for producing it. Varuna Films is the one that you have to tell your story too.

Here is the mailing address where you can tell your story directly to the producers of the show:

Varuna Films
Attn: TMT Submissions
8489 West Third Street #1027
Los Angeles, CA 90048

All submissions must have the following:
A story from a family member of why their driver needs their truck tricked

A recent photo of a family member or members and the driver (together or seperate)

A recent photo of the truck (inside and out)

Current city and state in which the driver lives, and info about the driver's route, possibly through Joplin, MO

Make, year, miles and condition of the trick

Contact Information

I hope that helps everyone who wants to send in their submissions for trick my truck.

April 06 2006 at 3:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
amber furry

in 1986 at sanberdino cali. my dads 1971 conventional peterbuilt one the all american national truck show. at the time the truck had just over a million and a half miles on it. my dad is known as THE MAGICIAN an outlaw in the day when he wold go back and forth from ill. to cali to make a living for his wife and kids at home. just shortly after the truck show he had his last run to cali and was comin down bluejay mountain and a drunk driver hit him head on. it totaled the truck but that truck was a part of him that he could not let go so he was bound to put her back together but lack of money stoped him . So half way done and lacking the front she still sits waighting to be put back on the road. my dad just retired last year. but thats one part of his life that he is still trying to put back togrther. we race stock cars and drag race as a family hobbie and to have her be able to pull our race cars would be a dream. the hole family wants her put back toghther again. were do we sign up ill do what ever it takes for my dad to hear her run again. is there an application or a place to go to sign up. i need directions. please help me

March 29 2006 at 9:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
amber furry

March 29 2006 at 9:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DOUG FRY

HEY YOU GUY AT TRICK MY TRUCK HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BRING AND OLD DOG BACK TO LIFE IN 1980 THIS DOG REALLY SHOW SO CLASS BUT 26 YEARS OF LOGING AND DUMP TRUCK BEEN HARD ON THIS OLD DOG BUT HE STILL RUNS EVERY DAY JUST ALIITLE ON THE RUFF SIDE HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BRING THIS OLD DOG SOME NEW LIFE FOR ANOTHER 26 YEAR IT A GREAT OLD TRUCK

March 27 2006 at 10:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DOUG FRY

HEY YOU GUYS AT TRICK MY TRUCK HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO ALL AMERICAN PURE BREAD MACK TRUCK IT STRAT LIFE IN 1980 AND IT WAS A SHOW TRUCK THEN IT HAD A HARD LIFE HERE IN THE NORTH WEST AS A LOG TRUCK FOR 20 YEARS OF HIS LIFE THEN I CHANGE IT TO A DUMP TRUCK IT WAY OVER A MIL MILES I THINK IT WOULD BE NEAT TO BRING THIS DOG BACK TO LIFE FOR ANOTHER 26 YEARS OR MORE THANKS

March 27 2006 at 10:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Arlene DiCarlo

I just want to tell you that your show is amazing. My boyfriend Rocky has been in the trucking business all his life. He is a third generation trucker, and absolutely loves his job. I am so envious, how many people do you talk to that can admit such a thing. Rocky has been surrounded by the business his entire life. His grandfather owned his own trucking company and when he passed the business was sold and his father went to work for a family run business, the same company that Rocky has worked for, for over 25 years. Rocky is an amazing man, he continues to drive around in his old Autocar, in desperate need of repairs and replacement because he has an unselfish need to take care of his Mother and family who he supports, instead of spending the hard earned money that he earns to replace his truck, the inevitable he needs a new truck! He has amazing pride in his truck and I know when he watches the show he gets so emotional, he would be a great candidate to earn this honor! We just got back from Florida where he visited the Burt Reynolds museum, he is a car enthusiast and he owns a Smokey & the Bandit transam...What a show if his truck could be transformed in to a Smokey and the Bandit rendition and we could get Burt to autograph his car and truck at the same time! When Rocky did visit the museum, he was told that there is a possibilty that Burt would autograph his car. I just hope you consider this fine, giving, passionate man for an opportunity of a lifetime! I'd just like to see him awarded such a kind act for a man that continues to give to his family and deserves this wonderful opportunity! We've been dating for ten years, perhaps this could get me the marriage proposal that is long overdue!!!

Best Regards, Arlene

March 26 2006 at 9:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JANNELLE TRIPP

I am wirting about my husband 2000 Freightliner class I loves sthese truck. We need a new one because I am going with him now. We need more room becasue we also take along our two poodles with us. Every time we go out something else gose wrong wit the truck. We really like your show. Thank you

March 22 2006 at 9:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sara shope

Hey guys i just want to say that my husband and i really loves your show and we think it is great that u guys do what u do also i was wondering if it was possiable how i good get my husbands truck tricked he drives a 2000 kenworth and thats about all i can tell ya i don't know much about trucks what i do know is that if any truck really needed tricked its my husbands his truck looks like a piece of junk as bad a i hate to say that! It was just really cheap when we bought it and the payment fits the budget i just thought if i could do something like this for him he would be so excited and i would for once make him proud. all he has ever wanted is to have a nice truck to live in cause practically thats what him and my dad lives in becuase they r on the road so much. they team drive. i would just like to be able to make his world a little brighter its alful the way he has to work all weak and stay away from home away from us. (me and our two year old daughter) then there is my dad who teams with him he is 53yrs old and he can't afford not to work although its really getting him down. anything u could do for them wold be grately appreciated i would just like there home away from home to be a little better because i know how much they dread being all cooped up all the time in that truck but they have no other choice theirs bills we have to pay and familys to support. thank you all very much for what u do and even though this is probably the craziest idea i've ever had i thought just maybe we could get lucky! thanks again for all you have done for all those other drivers away form their familys u probably made things a lot easier on them...... sara

March 21 2006 at 10:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply