American Idol, meet Barry Bonds

by Anna Johns, posted Mar 1st 2006 8:03AM
barry bonds paula abdulMaybe Barry Bonds had the song, "Opposites Attract" in his head when he decided to dress up like Paula Abdul for a recent publicity stunt. If anything, Barry Bonds is the Simon Cowell of baseball.

Why was Barry Bonds all dressed up like Paula Abdul, you ask? He was judging a mock singing contest for a charity event in Arizona. Nobody expected Bonds to dress in drag, so he got quite a response from fans and his teammates.

Said Bonds, "I'll never tell my wife to hurry up anymore, because it took me forever to get ready. I couldn't get the hair right."

I think he looks more like Star Jones.

European Vacation

Looks more like Serene

April 09 2006 at 12:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris Ryan

Yogi have you ever considered that Bond's complete lack of respect for the game and it's other players might be the reason most people outside of San Francisco wish he would walk in front of a bus?

March 05 2006 at 10:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Yogi M.

YOU LIKE MANY OTHERS HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY ABOUT BARRY BONDS AS YOU MUST BE ONE OF THE MILLIONS THAT WOULD STILL LOVE AND CHEER HIM ON IF HE WERE A WHITE PLAYER AS THE WHITE PLAYERS IN BASEBALL THAT HAVE DONE THE SAME THING AS BONDS NEVER GET THESE NASTY REMARKS NOR ARE THEY EVEN TALKED POORLY ABOUT. HE IS ONLY DONE WITH BASEBALL THIS YEAR AS HE WILL BREAK ONE MORE RECORD IF NOT THE TWO HE NEEDS!!! GO BARRY BONDS!!!

March 02 2006 at 10:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony Y.

Ha Ha, nice to see him come out with his gayness, his baseball days are over now that he can't take the drugs anymore, quit blaming the media the guys a jerk that's all.

March 02 2006 at 9:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SandyPants

I think he look more like Serene Williams...don't see Paula at all.

March 02 2006 at 9:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marko

Starr Jones? More like Trailer Park Aretha Franklin!

March 02 2006 at 9:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Yogi M.

TV was on but sound was down and I was wondering who that HUNK was? What a cutie!

March 02 2006 at 8:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony Wyrostek

Awesome story and picture on Barry Bonds. BUT - Why does our society still consider this type of stuff to be noteworthy, or scandalous??? Women wear mens cloths ALL THE TIME! When a man wears womens cloths, of any type, for any reason, It turns out to be cause for notice or scandal. WHY??? Personally, I wish more men would do this sort of stuff. I don't know why some people think just because a man does it, it indicates "gayness," or whatever. I personally am an older "rocker," who loves to wear nail polish, on both my fingers and toes. I receive nothing but positive comments from people. I guess that is why this article caught my attention. Thanks, Anton.

March 02 2006 at 8:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Irving

straight guys are always liking to dress up like women, but hey, do not ask them to go and see a movie about two gay cowboys...

March 02 2006 at 8:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael Farnum

I want to take the time to thank the the Giants and Barry Bonds for raising the money for the Children's Charity. The Giants are going to match the dollar amount that the players donated. I am sure the $365.00 that Mr Bonds and the other players pried out of their wallets will be appreciated by the Children. Barry, Again...Just like when you were in Pittsburg and didn't show up at the Childrens Hospital.....Still a Rookie in life, And always will be.

March 02 2006 at 8:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply