October 22, 2014

The Bachelor's Travis and Sarah already dunzo?

by Deidre Woollard, posted Mar 2nd 2006 4:35PM
I've been hearing rumors that Travis and Sarah's "perfect" romance that wound up on "The Bachelor: Paris" Monday  might already be done, and certainly the fact that the two didn't do the usual press rounds didn't seem like a good sign.  Maybe they are private people (ha!) or maybe, just maybe, all that perfectness just didn't last. Reader Terese sent me a link to Bricks and Stones, who have more solid proof. It's a bit friend-of-a-friend, but it seems Travis has reunited with his girlfriend of five years. He and Sarah did date briefly and Travis is now in consultation to be a doctor consultant on ABC shows (surprise, surprise). The juiciest and saddest detail is that during the final rose ceremony, he said "I love you Sarah," but asked ABC and to edit it out since "it wouldn't be fair to her now." Ouch!

And while we are rumor-mongering, a link on Bricks and Stone also lead me to a comment on the BachelorRecap blog (it's the anonymous one at 2:09) which has an email that is allegedly from Mike, Travis's brother-in-law. It says that he and Sarah are done, that she may be dating a football player (the Tennessean reports she is dating a friend of a football player,) and that if Travis had it to do all over again he would have picked Susan and Jehan to go to the final two. Does this set a record for the fastest Bachelor break-up?

marcia reeves

I agree this was a quick break-up. My boyfriend and his family and mine were still rejoicing and shocked that he picked Sarah when I saw on the internet that they had grown apart because of contract requirements that restricted their seeing each other. Couldn't they have dresses incognito and met up in oversized jogging suits or was this their stepping stone to t.v. exposure and other opportunities like consultant? My boyfriend and I fell for it again thinking they actually wanted to meet someone. They must be compensated well for all this.

March 09 2006 at 6:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marcia reeves

March 09 2006 at 6:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marcia reeves

March 09 2006 at 6:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marcia reeves

March 09 2006 at 6:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marcia reeves

March 09 2006 at 6:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Goldenrod Birchwood

Yep. Dunzo.

"In a joint phone interview with The Tennessean yesterday, Dr. Travis Stork and Sarah Stone, united romantically in the Feb. 27 finale of ABC's The Bachelor, said they were no longer a couple. It was the first time Travis, a Vanderbilt ER physician, and Sarah, a Nashville elementary school teacher, have spoken publicly since the show ended."

Full Article Here: