September 22, 2014

Sean Hannity upset over documentary

by Adam Finley, posted Mar 3rd 2006 2:06PM

sean hannityFox News' Sean Hannity isn't happy. It seems that the documentary This Divided State has raised the choler of the famous conservative and co-host of Hannity and Colmes. After you watch this footage from the film, you might begin to understand why. Hannity was brought to the ultra-conservative campus of Utah Valley State College before a controversial appearance by Michael Moore. Hannity says he plans to sue the filmmakers based on how the aforementioned footage was used. Of course, whether the footage was edited to make Hannity seem like a smug, self-righteous jerk or whether he actually is a smug, self-righteous jerk is for you to decide on your own.

Tim McCleese

Michael: He is both.

April 02 2006 at 4:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael Cramer

I am writing about Sean Hannity ridiculing Charlie Sheen and making him out to be a nut for believing in conspiracies about 9/11. Those who don't believe in conspiracies are the nutjobs, because conspiracies happen everyday it's what people do. Whether good or bad people conspire, for instance something as simple as a surprise Birthday party is a conspiracy. Sean Hannity thinks it's crazy to think the twin towers came down by controlled demolition. I have to ask, if not controlled demolition then what are the odds that three buildings one of which was not hit by a plane could all three come down in a controlled demolition manner? I believe to not question the Government is crazy, and that Sean Hannity is either a media puppet, a dumbass, or both.

March 23 2006 at 11:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim McCleese

I have never watched his tv program. Probably because In any debate I like to hear both sides of the issues. If any of you folks have ever heard Hannity's radio talk show, then you would realize what a total jerk this clown is. Now mind you, I am not taking the side of the lib or conserv side of this. It is just that whatever side of the issue Hannity is on, you will most often never get to hear his guest's point of view. He will interrupt and harrange the poor "victim" to the point by the time he's through, the guest is lucky to bleat in a random salvo. That is if Hannity has not hung up on him or her by then. You know, even if I agree with Hannity, it would at least be polite to let the other person speak. I never could stand this bully.

March 05 2006 at 2:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chaim

I think my point is made by your reactions. I come to this blog to read about TV SHOWS and MOVIES, not about political TV and movies. I think there is a difference. The biggest one being, Liberals like yourselves get yourselves all hot to bash people on the right and if that's all this blog was, I'd stop coming. You may think to yourselves good riddance, but whether you like it or now, this country splits down the middle. Which means if it would become a right bashing site, along with me would go half your readers.

March 04 2006 at 6:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan

"I'm a smug, self-righteous jerk who's conservative in my economic leanings, and liberal in my social."

Wouldn't that be a libertarian?

I will never understand half this stuff. I'll never understand Bush supporters, they should make "I support Bush's advisors" bumper stickers. "Liberals" or "Conservatives" nobody seems to disagree that the President really isn't overly intelligent, that he sounds like an idiot half the time and that he really has no idea what he's doing. If all you want is someone to stand by their convictions, well you could put a robot in the white house, teach it how to pray and reassure us that "Democracy" in the middle east is worth over 2500 American lives.

Oh, off topic sorry. Sean Hannity is a pompus ass, so is Ann Coutier, and Bill O'Reily. I do like John McCain, he's a good guy, I also like Rudolph Giuliani. (You get these people who think Democrats can't like Republicans, I like them just fine when they aren't like Hannity)

March 04 2006 at 7:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
treoneedy

i hereby propose we get some more politically skewed posts on this blog...if indeed the outcome of it will be that conservative fucts 'drop' this great blog. good riddance.

the story is about him suing over a speech he gave with words he uttered. in case you didn't hear it, there's one point he calls a liberal audience member a drug addict and in another instance makes a reference to a liberal not having enough money for something.

i can't believe anyone has the nerve to defend anything in realtion to this slanderous video. even Hannity is embarrassed over his behavior.

March 03 2006 at 11:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dorv

For what its worth, Republicans don't have the market cornered on being a smug, self-righteous jerk. In fact, those qualities are completely independant of ones political leanings. I mean, I'm a smug, self-righteous jerk who's conservative in my economic leanings, and liberal in my social. So, I pretty much consider myself a Republican.

But, I can say the following: Sean Hannity is a smug, self-righteous jerk (Though, not nearly as much as O'Reilly is, as someone else mentioned).

Hannity, as a public figure, needs to realize that this will happened, and I don't really know if poor editing is actionable.

Just saying..

March 03 2006 at 7:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mamaloo

Oh, get over yourself! It's perfectly fine to make screaming fun of a entertainer in the realm of comedy or singing, but when it's a pundit folks have to step lightly? Take your precious head out of your arse.

I've got a review copy of This Divided State and believe me, the right leaning folks have no need of fancy editing to make them look like jerks and extremist nutjobs. What happened surrounding that one booking (Michael Moore's) was downright juvenile and full of hatred.

How Hannity will prove damages due to actual footage of his actual words and actions is beyond me. I'm guessing if you don't want the world to see you acting like a pampered jerk, don't act like one in public.

March 03 2006 at 6:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Roger Rees

I disagree with some of these commenters. Sean Hannity has a TV show. This blog is about TV. He is fair game. Now I'm sure if any liberal commentator could manage to stay on the air for any length of time, we could expect the same criticism. I am as conservative as they come. It's easy enough not to read this post. In fact, I have no idea what it says. I just saw that its about Hannity and mentioned Michael Moore. But I skipped it and didn't click the link. It's the same as all the complaints that people give when there is a post about Lost before it airs on the West Coast. Just skip over it guys and let these people blog.

March 03 2006 at 6:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chaim

I just wanted to add one thing. I'm not telling you guys what to write on your blog. It's your blog, your free to write what you want. I'm just saying, when a blog becomes too political for me, or a podcast. I drop it. I come to these places to escape things like politics. I can assume that many other people who feel like me also when it comes to this. To see what some cool guys and gals say about my favorite TV shows, not to see my politics bashed.

(PS - One could argue that the recent disconnect with mainstream America at the movies is due to all the left wing Hollywood types and their political movies. People just want to see movies like Spiderman and Titanic, not Middle Eastern Oil, Gay Cowboy, Transsexual, social commentaries. Lately it seems that there are more Syriana/Munich's than Spiderman/Harry Potters. )

March 03 2006 at 5:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply