December 22, 2014

Charmed canceled

by Adam Finley, posted Mar 4th 2006 10:13AM

charmedRose McGowan had been hinting at it in television interviews, but now it looks like it's official. Charmed will not be making the transition when UPN and the WB merge into the CW. The last show of the series, which ran for eight seasons, will be May 21. If there's the slightest bit of silver lining to this cloud hovering over the heads of Charmed fans, it's that the last episode was written as a "series ender" according to executive producer Brad Kern. At the very least, the series will end with some kind of closure.

Thanks to Cavalera for the tip.

Lara

i can't believe it's over this was honestely the best show ever,i mean i know me typeing this won't do anything but WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY:(cancel it if so many people watch WB for just that show? they're going to lose a lot of money on this. no offense but that wasn't the smartest move!

May 28 2006 at 9:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Maryam

You know, all I can say is that although I would've liked to see it come back for a few more years, atleast it had a good run. Actually make that a great run. I remember watching it from the beginning and getting absolutely hooked. I think I was obsessed. And when Shannan Doherty left, I thought that it's just not going to be the same. But after a little getting used to, I became in love with it all over again. I want to thank the people who made that show happen, because it really became something I came back to week after week. And for the series finale, I hope they guest star Shannan Doherty, cuz that would be awesome!

May 16 2006 at 7:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LETICIA

IT'S NOT FAIR. WE REALLY LOVE CHARMED AND TOTALLY UNFAIR.
I ALWAYS SEE THE SHOW SINCE THE BEGINNIG AND I THINK THAT THE ACTREES AND THE executive producer NEED ANOTHER CHANCE.

THE SHOW HAVE MANY FAN'S IN ALL THE WORLD INCLUDING MEXICO THAT IT'S REALLY FAN OR CHARMED.

PLEASE DON'T CANCEL IT.

April 09 2006 at 12:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John M

As a middle aged white guy, I know I'm not exactly the target audience of Charmed and the WB - but I really enjoy that show. And though I have yet to develope any attachment to Billie, it's still fun and has some great witty dialogue. It's also the only show on TV, much less the WB, that I actually PLAN to watch - Don't cancel on me.

March 30 2006 at 11:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Morgan Olson

Charmed Is the BEST television Show in the WORLD! It shouldn't be canceled too many people LOVE it! It is still a big part of my life. I won't let the magic die this year!

March 25 2006 at 7:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kady

WWWHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY! NNNNNOOOOO! I'm literally crying. All good things do come to an end. Now what will I do on Sunday Nights. There will never be another show to replace Charmed. I am literally crying.

March 18 2006 at 11:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MrC

Considering Brad Kern and the gang took a pretty substantial budget cut from the WB in order to get this year's renewal, it's not suprising that they were expecting it to be the last, regardless of CW/WB/UPN stuff.

March 05 2006 at 8:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Seth

Even though I enjoy the show, it has not been the same over the past few years. I will miss it alot.

March 04 2006 at 3:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply