December 19, 2014

Joe Rogan lays down the law on MySpace

by Adam Finley, posted Mar 8th 2006 9:10AM

joe roganThe unfiltered venue the internet provides, coupled with the promise of anonymity, has made it easier than ever for people to be rude and obnoxious to one another. I've been doing this "Web" thing long enough and seen enough hastily-typed insults from "anonymous" posters that I've learned the best approach is to simply ignore them.

But this isn't about me. This is about Joe Rogan (39), who does not, dag nabbit, ignore anyone who dare to lob a disparaging remark in his direction. When a 20 year old college student sent Rogan (who, again, is 39) this pithy message through MySpace: "Joe Rogan, I hate you... you're not funny... " Rogan (did I mention he's in his late thirties?) immediately shot back, resulting in this e-mail exchange. I haven't seen a battle of wits like this between a young kid and a grown man twice his age since yesterday when I got in a shouting match with a fifteen year old girl over whether Bubbles or Buttercup was the better Powerpuff Girl.

[via Best Week Ever]

ChristianO'Connell

This article's bullshit, heres the conversation : http://blog.joerogan.net/archives/462

January 20 2012 at 1:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erskelyne

Joe was on the immortal classic, NewsRadio. He gets a free pass from me for life, and that includes FearFactor and e-mail battles with college kids.

"Your name is Garelli?"

March 08 2006 at 4:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AR

submachine = joe rogan
get over it, joe.

March 08 2006 at 4:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
submachine

Adam Finley how old are you? You sound like you're menstruating. Joe Rogan decided not to take shit from some net-punk, im sure in your world this is blasphemy since you hold famous people to such an elite, untouchable status, that if they DARE to communicate with the inferior common folk you are just shocked outta your panties.

March 08 2006 at 1:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elliott

Joe Rogan never replied to my love letters :(

March 08 2006 at 11:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
B

You're both wrong, it's blossom.

March 08 2006 at 11:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ErricZ

Joe Rogan was funny that one time he was on Breuer's Sirius Radio Show and handed out Pot Lolipops ... too bad he feels washed up (maybe left out) as the host of Fear Factor.

March 08 2006 at 10:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tucker

Funniest dig at a reality show host I've ever read:
"My apologies... I should have shown Joe Rogan MUUUUCH more respect. Actor? Comedian? Shakespearian extrodinaire.."

And by the way? I'm pretty sure that using insults like "shut up, fat boy" as Rogan does over and over was something I stopped seeing in 8th grade.

This kid must have had an amazing laugh doing this - I can just see him sitting in a dorm room with a few buddies, having a few drinks... "Holy crap! Rogan actually responded... Let's see how long we can keep him going!"

what's more amazing is that I'm only halfway through and can't spend any more time reading it right now. Looking forward to finishing at lunch :P

March 08 2006 at 9:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sanna

So who is the better Powerpuff Girl?

March 08 2006 at 9:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply