New (and returning) programs for the week of March 12-18
by Anna Johns, posted Mar 12th 2006 3:24PM
All sorts of television shows are new or returning this week. Some highlights include, of course, The Sopranos and the controversial Big Love tonight on HBO. Personally, I'm looking forward to the new Julia Louis-Dreyfus comedy, The New Adventures of Old Christine. I'm hoping she can break the Seinfeld curse this time around. The promos aren't all that promising but I like Louis-Dreyfus enough to give it a shot on Monday.
Here's what's up:
Here's what's up:
- The Sopranos, Sundays @ 9 pm on HBO (Sixth season premieres March 12)
- They're back.
- Big Love, Sundays @ 10 pm on HBO (premieres March 12)
- Bill Paxton stars as a polygamist in Salt Lake City who has three wives, seven children and three adjoining houses. Also stars Jeanne Tripplehorn, Chloe Sevigny, Ginnifer Goodwin. Great tagline: Polygamy Loves Company.
- Cheerleader Nation, Sundays @ 10 pm on Lifetime (premieres March 12)
- Docu-drama that follows around
the Dunbar high school cheerleading squad in Kentucky as they balance the demands of high school with cheering.
Includes plenty of mother/daughter drama.
- Prison Break, Mondays @ 8 pm on FOX (returns March 13)
- Will they get out? Or, will Michael get a shiv to the jugular?
- The New Adventures of Old Christine, Mondays @ 9:30 pm on CBS (premieres March 13)
Louis-Dreyfus attempts another return to series television. She stars as a divorcee who's successfully juggling the
kids and work, until her ex-husband shows of his hot, new girlfriend.
- Nashville Star, Tuesdays @ 10 pm on USA (premieres March 14)
- Wynonna Judd and Cowboy Troy host the country music
- The Loop, Thursdays @ 8:30 pm on FOX (premieres Weds, March 15 @ 9:30 pm)
- A new
comedy about a guy in his early 20s, who is the first of his friends to get a "real" job. Co-stars Mimi
- Supernatural, Thursdays @ 9 pm on WB (moves to its new time slot on March 16)
- Just thought you should know.
- American Inventor, Thursdays @ 8 pm on ABC (premieres March 16)
- Simon Cowell's new reality contest to find the next great American invention.
- Doctor WHO, Fridays @ 9 pm on SciFi (premieres March 17)
- SciFi begins airing the first season of the huge British hit.
- Modern Men, Fridays @ 9:30 pm on WB (premieres March 17)
- Three childhood friends seek the help of a life coach, played by Jane Seymour, to find the right woman for them.