October 25, 2014

What happened to Ryan Seacrest's tagline?

by Anna Johns, posted Mar 13th 2006 10:26AM
seacrest outI know I'm not the first person to wonder this. And, I'm definitely not complaining. I really hated the "Seacrest, Out" that American Idol host Ryan Seacrest insisted on saying at the end of every show last season. It made the show about him and not about the contestants. And, it's not Ryan Seacrest's show. Maybe he was mocked one too many times.

So... any theories on why he stopped saying it? Do you miss it?

Kat

Why Ryan no longer says, "Seacrest Out"?
Who really cares? This is the first blog I have read and it is truly a shame people don't have better things to do with their time than run someone else down. We all live in a glass house, keep that in mind while you bash anyone else.
Kat

April 13 2006 at 7:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Christine

RYAN SEACREST IS AN AMAZING HOST/INTERVIEWER. He always somehow brings out the best in people. He is nice and even kind. He is funny in his remarks and is intelligent. He knows what is going on and is also relaxed. I for one wish he had a late night talk show. He would be great. Oh and one reason everyone thinks he is gay is because he is not a WOMANIZER. He is a nice guy who no doubt wants to get married and have a family someday but right now he is very very busy. I love that he is clean-cut and nice, with a quick wit. VERY REFRESHING. I hope he will be around for a long, long time.

April 09 2006 at 4:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

I cannot fathom how Ryan has hung on so long. Does he really have "fans?" This ongoing battle with Simon is getting old. Personally, Simon makes the show for me. He at least provides pointed and sometimes necessary criticism to balance the syrupy drivel dished out by Paula and the meaningless "it was (wasn't) alright for me man" mantra from Randy. Who appointed Ryan defender of contestant honor anyway? Is this an organized effort the producers think boosts Idol's appeal and ratings? I just find it all annoying. I wish Ryan would just shut his trap and move on to the next talentless spokesperson job he can get.

April 05 2006 at 1:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alex

Hey Jshell. You're just as retarded as the guy you corrected.

It's "Auf wiedersehn" and "cannibalizes."
Next time, correct yourself before you correct other people.

March 31 2006 at 1:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

Seacrest is a geek. What ever happened to that Dunkleman guy? American Idol has got to be one of the worst shows on TV!

March 15 2006 at 9:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda Pellett

Before I get the spelling police on me, I meant "Paula," not Paul.

March 14 2006 at 7:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda Pellett

Big Roy, you may be right in that Simon is a Brit with a lot of money but he is the co-creator of American Idol and is the actual star... check a reference site for proof. He has launched careers of many successful artists as well as many, many other show business careers. He's been in this business longer than it takes to remember when and why Paul was popular (which many people are still contemplating).

March 14 2006 at 7:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diane

I have to agree with Wehere. The most annoying person on the show is Paula, not Ryan, for exactly the reasons mentioned before. I also get tired of Ryan trying to insult Simon...who just shrugs it off...but overall I like Ryan. I think he used "Seacrest...out as a tip of the hat to old-time radio broadcast. I seriously doubt if it had anything to do with any other preferences.

March 14 2006 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cells

JShell, it is supposed to be "whose". "Who's" is a contraction of who is. "Whose" indicates ownership. All your other corrections are right on, however.

March 14 2006 at 12:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply