August 20, 2014

Star Wars, the TV series means Jar Jar Binks once a week

by Richard Keller, posted Mar 17th 2006 6:46PM

Yoda, butt kicking Jedi MasterBack in June of 2005 Bob Sassone reported that a Star Wars TV Series was in the works. The details are now a little more clearer. As of this writing producer Richard McCallum is reporting that 100 hour-long episodes of the show will be ready for broadcast beginning in 2008. As mentioned previously the story will take place in a 20-year span between movie chapter 3 (Revenge of the Sith) and chapter 4 (A New Hope). However, not much more is known about the series, other than it will utilize the special effects that were prevalent in the last three Star Wars movies. There is no news at this time as to what outlet in America will be broadcasting these shows (although, I wouldn't be surprised if Sci-Fi Channel picked it up).

We all need to pray that the acting will be less stilted and that it will have move of the atmosphere of the first three movies. Most importantly, we need to pray extra hard that Jar Jar Binks is not in any one of the 100 episodes!

Gordon Werner

there is a lot you could do with 5 seasons of no jedi ... remember Star Wars (the first one they made) ? there was a war going on between terrorists (i mean rebels) and the government ... er empire ... just that conflict, never mind all the potential stories on all the varried planets in the star wars universe, should provide plenty of material

April 19 2006 at 3:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy

While I think it would great if SciFi got this show I doubt they could afford it and I just can't see a major network not wanting to jump on this. No matter what many people thought of the three prequel movies, they still made a truckload of money worldwide. Even a mediocre Star Wars show could draw millions of people to a network.

If the show is done well, I think it could be quite interesting to watch, but only if they don't focus on young Luke and Leia. Granted, there will be aspects of their life that would need to be expanded, but I'm more interesting in learning how the remaining Jedi are killed, how Yoda ends up on Daghoba (sp?), how the Emperor consolidates his power, etc.

March 19 2006 at 3:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mmm....cheesy

This is what will happen:

Fox will quickly buy it, start to air it, not know how to market it, frequently move it around to different time slots on different days of the week, cancel it after 6 episodes, and then release a statement saying that the show didn't have a big enough appeal to the attract an audience.

Hey, they did it many times before. They'll do it again.

March 17 2006 at 10:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RevJonathan

It's cool, I had a sudden flash of Frodo taking the one lightsaber to the pit of the Death Star, it'd probably be better than the prequel trilogy!

March 17 2006 at 8:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rich Keller

I did mean 'Revenge of the Sith'. . .I just may have blotted it out of my memory. I made the correction. Thanks for the good eyes.

March 17 2006 at 8:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RevJonathan

Don't you mean between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.
You said Lord of the Sith, I mean you gotta be geek enough to pick up on that if you're reporting on Star Wars

March 17 2006 at 7:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Akbar Fazil

So this means two things to me.

1. They are going to screw up continuity and have random jedi still alive and working against the newly formed empire.

2. There will be no jedi whatsoever so then honestly, what the hell are you going to show for 5 seasons?

I am so glad I gave up on star wars after suffering through Ep 1. I own DVD copies of the original trilogy (not the special editions) that is all the star wars I need.

March 17 2006 at 6:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply