April 25, 2014

No love lost for Love Monkey

by Richard Keller, posted Mar 20th 2006 11:28AM

Tom Cavanagh is a Love Monkey no
moreIt looks like Love Monkey, which was yanked off of the CBS Tuesday night schedule after only three episodes, is really and truly dead, according to E! Online.

According to the Watch With Kristin column the potential talks with UPN and then the CW did not pan out. In addition, it seems that the lead Love Monkey, Tom Cavanagh, is up for a new pilot, while Larenz Tate, who played Shooter, will be starring with Joe Pantoliano in a new CBS drama series called Waterfront.

With Pantoliano's luck in television lately (the cancelled CBS dramas Dr. Vegas, and The Handler) Mr. Tate may be looking for another series sooner than he thinks.

Jessica

Is it true that VH1 is picking it up? I'd rather it not be a cable only show but please tell me LOVE MONKEY is going to be coming back and sticking around for a while. I loved this show, loved the music they played, loved the mixture of comedy and drama, and loved, loved, loved that it was another stupid reality show or CSI with a different setting. We written and truly creative, CBS screwed up one of the best things they had in their pocket for this season. I keep hoping it comes back.

March 31 2006 at 9:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chadlynne Hannigan

I thought Love Monkey was smart television.
There are so many crime shows on tv, this was fresh and funny. It gave us inside the music industry and we got to see fresh talent.
Bring it back, CBS never gives anything a chance.
NBC touts the office and scrubs and that is the worst tv out there.
Bring back Love Monkey and lets have more intellegent quick commented characters that you had.
I miss it.

March 31 2006 at 9:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Doreen

I AGREE...BRING LOVE MONKEY BACK!
I thought it was an awesome show. It had such a different feel to it than ANYTHING else on tv right now. Why would they only give it 3 episodes? Doesn't seem fair knowing what is was up against.I do hope they reconsider that decision!

March 30 2006 at 11:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Laurie Sheets

BRING LOVE MONKEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!I was really upset when I learned that LOVE MONKEY was pulled. My 13 year old twin daughters and I had another tv show that we could watch together. FINALLY another clean show that we could watch together! I think CBS messed up a good thing! Maybe they should have put it on another night (NOT the AMERICAN IDOL night). I was really hoping that another channel would pick it up. I tuned in all 3 episodes and was looking forward to the fourth. A fellow worker and I talked about it every week and were searching for it the next week. We both told all our friends to tune in and watch and they never had a chance due to it being pulled. We had people asking us about it when we would discuss it at work. Maybe they should have given it a little longer than 3 weeks.

March 28 2006 at 10:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stacy Simpson

BRING LOVE MONKEY BACK! It was a great show - why dont networks show some love for intelligent audiences who are sick of all these crappy reality and csi shows. why would you keep something awful like criminal minds but get rid of something that makes you feel good about the world???

March 21 2006 at 10:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kevin

I really really enjoyed Love Monkey! I was suprised when they took it off after 3 episodes, and was looking forward for it's return. I hope it is picked up somewhere!

March 20 2006 at 11:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
D.C.

Hello,
Do you have any further info about Tom Cavanagh's upcoming pilot?
Like what is it about?
Is it another dramedy?
Who is going to star with Tom?
Is Tom the star of this new show?
Where is the filming of this one gonna be?
This is really sad news that this Love Monkey did not work out! :(