April 23, 2014

SpikeTV: all that's missing are rippling biceps

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Mar 26th 2006 8:29AM

new
Spike TV logoStarting in May, SpikeTV is going to become even manlier than it already is. Currently, the cable network is known for it's testosterone laden line-up of shows including The Ultimate Fighter, CSI: reruns, wrestling, King of Vegas, and now reruns of The Shield. A network re-branding is underway, and a new incredibly manly logo (pictured) will be introduced in a little over a month.

For those accustomed to Spike and it's excessive James Bond marathons, you'll recall that it's current cursive written logo is certainly not as manly as many men would like. So rest easy gentlemen. Relax and go light a fire or shoot something with four legs. SpikeTV has your back.

[via Zap2It]

dan hauer

hey anthony if spike is too brutally manly for you there is always lifetime or oxygen networks.Fortunatly the real men in this country will make spike tv a hit network.

April 08 2006 at 2:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dan hauer

hey anthony if spike tv is too brutally manly maybe you should stick to oxygen or lifetime networks

April 08 2006 at 2:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dan hauer

hey anthony if spike is too brutally manly for you there is always oxygen or lifetime. I'm sure the rest of the worlds real men will make spike tv a network that is here to stay!!!!

April 08 2006 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
anthony korper

I have never seen a more sickening, degrading,immoral program on televeision as it was my misfortune to briefly view this evening as the ufc fighting...this isn't sport, or casual violent entertainment...it is nothing but...pure trash...street fighting without rules is gangster crap,two men in armed combat without rules of engagement or professional ethics; might as well be employed by the taliban and osama bin laden...while freedom of speech reigns in our laws...I still have the right to boycott spike tv for offensive programming...i will not again endeavor to turn to spike tv for anything.
and hopefully, my cable provider will eliminate the network from my cable network...

April 06 2006 at 11:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

The new logo reminds me of the American Gladiators logo.

Now THERE's a show that should be on Spike.

March 26 2006 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SamMalone

I love their Saturday afternoon car/mechanic shows. I just wonder where the host (Stacey David) of the anchor show Trucks is going.

March 26 2006 at 2:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

Voyager starts on Spike this fall. That's been the plan since 2003/2004 when the Star Trek deal was announced.

March 26 2006 at 12:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
just some dude

Janeway is the most manly captain since Kirk.

March 26 2006 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blah

They just really need to figure out that no one watches this channel. That's why it's no longer TNN - The Nashville Network.

March 26 2006 at 10:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Anderson

The only thing I want to see is Voyager syndicated. Enough of the TNG and DS9 already. I've seen every episode so many times I can't even watch it anymore. Voyager for the win. Or is a female captain not MANLY enough for Spike? Damn them.

March 26 2006 at 9:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply