October 1, 2014

Finally, a look at Heat Vision and Jack!

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 27th 2006 3:40PM
Heat Vision and JackI've been hearing about this show for years, and now through the magical superwonders of You Tube, we can finally see it! Heat Vision and Jack was a comedy in the late 90s from Ben Stiller that starred Jack Black as an astronaut (ahem) who gets superpowers after a space accident, and fights crime with the talking motorcycle (voice of Owen Wilson), powered by the mind of his unemployed roommate. And if that description doesn't already have you laughing, it also stars Ron Silver, "as himself."

Funny opening from Stiller too: "Let's change cameras...as a person you admire, I'm giving you permission to appreciate this show. I'm also offering you my personal guarantee that it's going to knock you back onto your coal-mining asses. And that's a promise you won't be hearing from Georgie Lucas."

Who knows if this show could have maintained itself over several episodes, but judging from the pilot, I'd certainly rather watch this on FOX than The Loop or Free Ride.

[thanks to Bryce for the tip!]

Jason

Wow...Yeah. And here I thought everyone had seen this already! (And Lookwell too, for that matter). It really was a good pilot. I disagree with comment no. 3 regarding updating the effects. I think that would hurt the overall, well, effect of the show, that is, trying to be an old 70's show with all the cheesy goodness that implies remaining in full effect.

March 29 2006 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kevin Crossman

Lots of cool connections with this project, including Ben Stiller's wife Christine Taylor. Owen's voice work bodes well for Cars this summer. More info at www.the-frat-pack.com.

March 27 2006 at 11:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fazed

wow..old news, but it is a great pilot. i doubt it could have made it on tv, but i almost wish they made a season just to release on DVD!

March 27 2006 at 10:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gudlyf

Man, I saw this over a year ago from some other internet site. A quick Google and you'd have found it.

March 27 2006 at 5:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eklen

I actually like The Loop....Heat Vision and Jack could be brought back, but it would have to have the same people. I could do with replacing Ron Silver with Chrisopher Walken ;). This show with updated effects could become a hit I suppose...

March 27 2006 at 5:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brian

Nice! I used to have this on VCD but I lost it when I moved. Thanks for the tip.

March 27 2006 at 4:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Destin

You should also check out "Lookwell," the legendary and hilarious pilot by Conan O'Brien and Robert Smigel. It stars the inimitable Adam West as a delusional former TV cop who insists on "helping" the real police.

March 27 2006 at 4:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply