October 25, 2014

Extreme Makeover: E-mail edition

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 28th 2006 9:07AM
Extreme Makeover: Home EditionThe Smoking Gun strikes again! They've gotten their hands on an e-mail that an ABC executive sent out to all the ABC affiliates. It details the type of people that the network is looking for to feature on their Extreme Makeover show. It shows they're really in the market for:

• Kids with "old man's disease"
  • Drunk driving victims
  • ALS sufferers
  • Victims of home invasions
  • Amazing people with skin cancer

It also shows that you probably shouldn't use exclamation points too much, especially when you're talking about death and/or tragedy.

Gary Tollefson

Hi I have a family of 5- and 1 grandson and one on the way in Jan-2007 I had 2- hip replacement done over the last 6-years one in 2000 onmy left hip & one on my right hip in 2003 we have a 2 story home 3- bedrooms one bath. when I had surgery after I came home I stayed in our dining room this was my bedroom for 3-months tell I could walk up stairs again. we don"t make a lot of money. Our home is 70 years old it needs a lot of work I have a hard time trying to fix things that need to be done and painting is hard to do with 2- hip replavements Our home has slate siding and cost to heat our home is very high bills . We have a 1 car garage same as the house slate siding . We do the best as we can I still work full time 6:00 till 2:00 pm and been there 19- years & my wife works part time at a store.We do the best as we can but times are sure hard we will me married 27 -years in September . Our Son & Daughter have moved out in June .we have one son still at home. We did have 6 living here untill june it was very hard to do what you want to do. Our grandson is 3-years old he was with us since a baby in 2003 in December. We would love to have a bathroom down stairs that you can use and take a shower or bath that would be great. And have a bigger bedroom for Me & my Wife it is very small I have to be carefull so I don"t fall over things .Iwould send you a picture but I do not have one. Our home is red & white and 1500 sq ft. We have a old Kitchen that needs repair soon .It would be great if you could see our home it needs repairs and I hope you can help us out even if it is to get our bathroom down stairs and a newer Kitchen done and the outside house could be sided I would be very happy to have this done. And Simon thank you for your time to read this . Gary Tollefson 710 S 18 st Manitowoc, Wis 54220

July 08 2006 at 5:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ali Gifford

Hi, My name is Ali and I am eight years old. Your show along with SuperNanny are my favorite shows to watch. Please keep up the good work!

I have a question, why do some shows require two hours to air and others require only one?

My daddy is sending this e mail for me.

April 23 2006 at 8:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debra D. Riddle

I know of a family deserving of a home, and want to apply for a makeover for them but do not have a printer to download the application. Do you know if there is any other way to apply for the makeover without the on-line application?

April 13 2006 at 9:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
leann francisco

i used to think what could happen next then the
hurricanes and other distaster happened and now i don't i think that no more what extreme makeover
is doing is so great and make you realize what you have and to cherish memories and more thanks
to extreme makeover

April 09 2006 at 10:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
goretti kintu

Thanks for shows like yours. I have a family that your show would be interested in. It starts with a little bright girl aspiring to be Dr. but whose dreams were shuttered because Dad couldn't afford. She settled for teaching college. With first job first paycheck took on a responsibility of caring for 10 siblings. She got married and husband came to USA to study agriculture, he was in a devastating accident that left him paralysed. Wife was sent for to come and take care of paralysed husband. Catholic charity helped them get college education. In the mist of all this, they managed to continue paying tuition for the relatives they left behind. Some of whom have become DR. and professionals. At any given time they support at least 10 students in Africa. They brought one of their dying parent and took care of him in their house for two years until he passed away. They could not afford hospice so they had to juggle between husband and wife and balance their full time jobs. They have touched and changed many kids that wouldn't have been able to go to college. They do not look at themselves as disabled people, all they see is the potential in kids that are forgotten. They are approaching retirement. Their house can use disability-friendly amenities if you would please help. CAN YOU ALSO HELP THEM OUT BY PAYING TUITION FOR SOME OF THE CHILDREN THEY ARE CARING FOR. IT IS A BIG STRUGGLE FOR THEM BUT THEY DON'T KNOW HOW THEY CAN IGNORE THE KIDS THAT NEED THEM.

April 04 2006 at 1:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply