August 21, 2014

J. Peterman to host Family Feud

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 29th 2006 8:46AM
John
O'HurleyYeah, OK, I know his name is John O'Hurley, but he was freakin' funny as hell on Seinfeld, so...

O'Hurley will take over Family Feud hosting duties from Richard Karn, who took over from Louie Anderson, who took over from Ray Combs, who took over from Richard Dawson. (Did I miss anyone? I think Dawson came back for a short time in there somewhere?) I guess I should announce right now that I will be taking over hosting duties from O'Hurley in 2009.

Terry

I miss Richard Karn, infact we don't watch the show if O'Hurley is the host. O'Hurley is just too stuck on himself, no personality at all. I hate when he jumps when he hears the buzzer! How long does it take to get use to it, or does he actually think he's being funny. bring back Richard or get someone with a personality to host the show. Very disappointed that the show felt it had to replace Richard. BRING RICHARD BACK. Send O'Hurley back to the soaps or someone's ballroom. Just get him off the show PLEASE. He has ruined the show for our family.

February 19 2009 at 2:58 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Pam Thompson

I have not seen John o'hurley host Family Feud because all we see here in Canada on gsn are Richard Dawson and Richard Karn reruns. I don't know when John's episodes run but I will say that when I found out that richard Karn was replaced I was shocked to say the least. Richard is down to earth and casual with the contestants and he seems to put them at ease. He does not put on any airs at all. He has no ego to speak of and he appears very approachable. He does not do anything untoward when someone gives the same or similar answer he teases the contestant a bit and then asks them to give another answer. I am left to wonder why Richard K was replaced when the consensus here is that not very many people are happy with John o'Hurley a year later. Now forgive me if I'm wrong but after a year don't you think John o'hurley would be less stiff as some people have described him? It's too bad that the powers that be won't listen to the tv viewers and bring Richard Karn back since from what I see Family Feud has lost some faithful followers with the advent of John O'Hurley.

One Canadian fan's opinion

December 01 2007 at 10:27 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Chris Poole

I am hoping that John and Drew can switch places on The Price Is Right! I have gotten use to Drew Carey being on TPIR, but I think they`re just on the wrong shows and need to change places! On the other hand Ray Combs really was the best host for Family Feud, and that`s who I think of when Family Feud comes to mind, but yet he killed himself, what a tragic mistake for Ray! But yeah I do too miss Richard Karn and if he couldn`t come back to Family Feud, why not make another comedy show of his own or maybe host another game show! But despite of what I said about John going on The Price Is Right, I still love John`s style of hosting any show, and he`s one of my all time favorite hosts, and I still
very much enjoy watching FF! But you know the truth is,
to me, fun is just fun no matter who`s in charge! I didn`t like Louie Anderson on FF, but got used to him and still the
whole fun was on for me tuning in and I still very much love
game shows!

November 08 2007 at 5:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Judy

Bring Richard Karn back as Family Feud host. O'Hurley is really bad!! He doesn't identify with the contestants at all.

October 07 2007 at 10:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Judy

O'Hurley is the worse host of Family Feud. My husband and I have enjoyed watching Family Feud on GSN because Richard Karn is the host. Richard is the BEST HOST Family Feud has ever had! Bring him back!!!!

October 07 2007 at 10:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Frances Brannon

We loved Richard Karn as the host on Family Fued. We have since stopped watching this show, John O'hurley is ok but not worth watching. We would like to see Richard Karn back. What is he doing at this time?

August 22 2007 at 7:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brickster

I've been trying to find out why Richard Karn is no longer on the Feud. Only thing they said on the site was for their 30 year anniversary they've revamped it with a new host et al. This new guy Hurley is a major mistake, reminds me of an oily used car salesman. While Hurley's on the Feud, I'm not.

March 06 2007 at 4:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
connie ,emad allabady

What in the world happend to richard karns. No more will we watch family fued I have a hard time understanding what O'hurley is saing and stuffy he is
who wants to watch a game show when you can't understand what's being said. Karns spoke very plan. O well that's how the game is played.

January 14 2007 at 6:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RebRubyDoobie

Wow! I figured all I have to do is google "Richard Karn" and I'd find out why he left. Big Mystery! I'm guessing he's: 1)been let go 'cause he wanted more money than they were willing to pay; or 2) he's in rehab. or 3) he's been abducted by aliens. He seemed like such a nice, normal guy. O'Hurley just ain't my cup of tea-- way too stiff and phoney.

January 08 2007 at 12:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply