October 25, 2014

The Five: bizarre TV theme song lyrics

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 30th 2006 3:01PM
  • Charles In Charge"I want Charles in charge of me." (Charles In Charge): I don't even want to know what the girl means by this.
  • "It don't matter that you got, not a lot, so what? They'll have theirs, and you'll have yours and I'll have mine." (Diff'rent Strokes): Huh?
  • "I hear it in your laughter, And I feel it when you cry. I will be right there for you, until the day I die." (My Two Dads): Cheerful lyrics for a sitcom, eh?
  • "He just keeps on movin'. Ladies keep impovin'. (BJ and the Bear): How politically correct.
  • "Welcome aboard, it's looooooooooooooooo-ove!" (The Love Boat): Translated, it means "come on to our cruise ship and have unprotected sex with someone you just met."

pattie74

Which is worse? Having the Charles in Charge theme of the Diff'rent Strokes theme stuck in my head the rest of the day? Time will tell.

June 03 2008 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LC

It may not have meant much way back then, but today meeting the Flintstones and having a "Gay old time" has a whole new meaning.

March 30 2006 at 7:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Sassone

Hey, it was the 70s/early 80s. Besides, something tells me that condoms weren't really a priority on those cruises.

March 30 2006 at 5:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
floretbroccoli

I see where you're coming from with the implication of sex in the Love Boat theme. But how is "unprotected" implied? Aside from the captain's accidental daughter, that is.

March 30 2006 at 5:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
EUGENE

i didn't look it up or anything, but i always thought the "diff'rent strokes theme was "don't matter WHAT you got, not a lot" not "don't matter THAT you got..."

if i'm right, then the lyrics make much more sense.

March 30 2006 at 5:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Evadne

Personally, I find the Full House theme kind of creepy. It's like the voyeur's anthem. "I'll be there everywhere you look mwahahaha."

March 30 2006 at 4:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply