August 27, 2014

Need another sign that Arrested Development is over?

by Anna Johns, posted Mar 31st 2006 10:58AM
arrested development; jeffrey tamborJeffrey Tambor, who played George Bluth, Sr. on Arrested Development, has signed on to a comedy on NBC. He will co-star with John Lithgow in Twenty Good Years, a comedy about two men in their 50s who experience mid-life crises and decide to make the most of their next 20 years.

Despite all the rumors that Arrested Development was getting picked up by Showtime, 20th Century TV released a statement earlier this week that there was no future plans for production of the show. Plus, show creator Mitch Hurwitz moved on this week.

Hey, at least Tambor's moving on to something that sounds pretty good. Jeffrey Tambor and John Lithgow? Sounds like a match made in heaven to me.

[Via The Hollywood Reporter]

bluthworld

The tears aren't coming.
I do love the show. I love the Bluths even more than Lucile 2 does. I can't believe the great show is layed to rest. I own 2 seasons and can't not believe there will be no more. What does one do now.

If anyone can assist in the process it will be very appreciative.

April 01 2006 at 9:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
thewastedsmile

As much as the AD shortage sucks, Hurwitz's leaving was understandable; he had (and wanted, I believe) a huge amount of creative control over the show, with him both being executive producer and a writer on several episodes. (Along with a lot of extra things on the side, no doubt)

With all the flak that Fox was giving him to get ratings up (Interview here: http://www.brianmpalmer.com/aliashawkat.htm w/Alia Shawkat, about 6 pages down) and with the continued lack of ratings, I can't blame him for leaving the show, as much of a bummer that is.

April 01 2006 at 3:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Thomas

As long as Lithgow doesn't ham it up and overplay it like he did on 3rd rock this could be good.

March 31 2006 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Evadne

So irritating to me that Mitch Hurwitz didn't want it anymore. Did he just want people to beg for it? Okay, okay, so I love the show, found it late, and want more. The only upside is if Michael Cera or Alia Shawkat were to head over to Veronica Mars next year.

March 31 2006 at 12:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gudlyf

Someody should call out that guy who said he'd bet his career on the fact that the intel he heard about Showtime picking up AD was 100% true. Bet he feels like a tool right about now.

March 31 2006 at 12:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Businessman

Where can I purchase full AD on DVD? Does it exist?

March 31 2006 at 11:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
maddr

yeah...AD is definetly over...the truly sad part is that showtime deperately wanted the show, but AD 's own people decided against it...So the show producers, actors, and writers killed it arghh......

rememeber.."of all that is written by men and pen. the saddest words of all are...what might have been...

March 31 2006 at 11:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply