April 16, 2014

Gillian Vigman of Sons & Daughters signed to new Cavanagh pilot

by Joel Keller, posted Apr 5th 2006 5:45PM
Gillian VigmanSigh. I knew Sons & Daughters was going to be an endangered show as soon as I saw the first episode. But I didn't realize the death knell would come so soon. According to Tim Goodman of the San Francisco Chronicle, Gillian Vigman, who plays Liz Walker on S&D, has been signed to the new CBS pilot that stars Tom Cavanagh.

(Indeed, this article from The Hollywood Reporter via AOL seems to confirm this.)

Of course, since the lovely and funny Vigman plays one of the main characters on S&D, it would appear this news signals the show's impending cancellation. Which sucks, of course: the show was just starting to hit its stride creatively. Or this could be one of those conditional signings, where she takes this job only if S&D is cancelled. But, either way, things aren't looking good, are they? Oh, well. Maybe one of the other pilots Fred Goss and Nick Holly are working on will have a better fate.

[Thanks to reader otmshank for breaking the bad news.]

Lisa Thompson

So they finally make a great show with a great cast and fantastic script and they cancel it. Yet all the STUPID reality shows continue on. It is getting to the point I won't even turn my TV on anymore. If I see 1 more reality show I will scream.

April 25 2006 at 3:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Teresa

I absolutely LOVE Sons & Daughters ... it is incredibly witty, irreverant and yet very endearing! It is laugh out loud funny - right from the belly. And then, it can also make me shed a tear the next minute. I love this show & hope it makes it!

April 11 2006 at 8:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nicki

It really sucks that this is being cancelled before I even got a chance to watch. I kept forgetting it had started, so once I finally remembered to set it to record, it didn't record anyway because Gilmore Girls recorded instead.

April 06 2006 at 2:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bon

Fred also keeps a blog: http://blogs.abc.com/outonalimb/2006/03/still_in_the_ga.html and things, at least based on posts there, have been looking pretty good for renewal.

*fingers crossed*

Such a great show!

April 06 2006 at 10:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gaz

This is easily the best comedy on tv at the moment.
It's funny, innovative, very clever and addictive as hell. The writing is brilliant and the cast is so talented. And they are cancelling it?! This is just aweful. Give the good people a chance for once.

April 06 2006 at 1:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

Does anyone really want to see Tom Cavanagh in another TV show?

April 05 2006 at 11:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bojac

Fred Goss makes regular posts to the "Sons and Daughters" board on imdb.com. According to his most recent post, Gilian Vigman's signing onto the new CBS pilot is, indeed, conditional, i.e. she's available only if S&D isn't picked up for another season.

April 05 2006 at 10:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danny Edwards

That suck! I really like this show.

April 05 2006 at 8:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply