September 20, 2014

The Five: Shows I watch in reruns

by Anna Johns, posted Apr 5th 2006 9:37AM
dawson's creek; tbsI found this article interesting, and it made me think about what reruns I always watch. It says that Friends is one of the highest-rated shows in syndication right now. Maybe that's because there's always an episode on at one time or another. Or, maybe you're like me and you're casually catching up on all the episodes you never saw as you fix dinner. In any case, here are The Five: Shows I watch in reruns:

5. Dawson's Creek  Another show that I never watched when it was on, but that I've totally enjoyed in syndication. Last year, TBS was airing two back-to-back episodes each morning. So, I'd drink my coffee and catch up on an entire season of 'The Creek' in two weeks (OMG! I'm so glad that Joey and Pacey ended up together!).

4. Seinfeld  I think I watched every single episode during Seinfeld's entire run on NBC and I'll still sit through a rerun. Each episode has some great little nugget that is just unforgettable.

3. Without a Trace  Reruns of this air on TNT occasionally (I don't even know when). I am not a huge fan of the show, but I'll watch a rerun if it's on and I'm not doing anything else. Plus, I admit I have a little crush on Danny Taylor. This show isn't great but it's one way to kill an hour late at night when I should really be going to bed.

2. Friends  Like I said, I didn't watch after the first two or three seasons, so these reruns are great for me. I get to see what happened during all those years between Ross and Rachel's big break-up and the reunion at the end. Actually, it turns out that nothing much happened, but I watch it with glazed eyes anyway.

1. Law & Order: SVU  I only discovered this show within the last year, because reruns air in the evenings and late nights on USA Network. I totally have a girl crush on Mariska Hargitay (I want her jawline!) and I adore Christopher Meloni (even though I can't help but picture him humping a fridge in Wet Hot American Summer).

Which reruns do you always watch?

Anonymizzle

I was addicted to the SVU reruns on USA TOO, ive seen every single episode! Mariska Hargitay is so easy to have a girl crush on..everything about her is phly! Shes pretty, she dresses nice, she takes no mess, she kicks ASS!..oh, and her walk is CLASSIC!

I watch THE SIMPLE LIFE reruns too...thats not something im proud to admit, but it is HILARIOUS! Nicole Richie has got to be the funniest person on tv. the stuff that comes out of her mouth is so terrible its fantastic lol

April 14 2006 at 12:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jaymez

I'd rather drip hot bacon grease on my pecker than watch reruns. When reruns come on, I turn on the music.

April 05 2006 at 4:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Liza

*Friends
*Seinfeld
*That 70s show, cause i didn't really watch all the episodes, so i'm seeing some for the first time.
*Gilmore Girls

April 05 2006 at 3:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Don Wilson

Seinfeld, Entourage, Modern Marvels, and tons of movies on HBO that I've watched numerous times.

April 05 2006 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Mc

Here are the five shows I'll actually watch again:

Seinfeld
The Office
Friends
South Park
Arrested Development

April 05 2006 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Liz Newcomb

Frasier
STNG
The Simpsons
If nothing else is on, the Red Green Show (not to say it's not a great show, but every show is pretty much the same).

April 05 2006 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SamMalone

SNL reruns are the best. NBC used to show an old rerun sometime after the current episode ran, we're talking 1 or 2am Sunday morning. These things get better with age. If the skits aren't funny, you can marvel at the good players, and reminisce about the 90's, 80's, or 70's. There's also no sting to the political jokes.

April 05 2006 at 11:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

That's funny, Tammy, because I was OK with Digger, but I cringe during any and all Jess scenes on "Gilmore Girls". It does hold up in reruns pretty well. The last few seasons of new episodes are another thing entirely...

I forgot to include another rerun that's popped up in other TVSquad posts -- the original "Match Game". I don't go out of my way for it, but I find it hard to flip away if I run across it. Gene, Brett, Charles, and Richard Dawson had such a nice, comfortable, family-type feeling, and all were clearly having such a great time. It was the only game show I ever saw where everyone onscreen acted like the game really didn't matter, and they were just together to have a party.

April 05 2006 at 11:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mandy

* Seinfeld, because I agree with Scott that the episodes hold up very well over time.

* Family Guy, even though I have the series on DVD I still watch the repeats on the Cartoon Network.

* Gilmore Girls, although there are some episodes (including the entire Digger season) that I skip.

* House, because I just started watching this show after Monk on USA. I still don't watch new episiodes on Tuesday, but I love my 11 p.m. Friday fix.

* Good Eats, because you can never see Alton Brown cook a perfect steak too many times.

April 05 2006 at 10:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply