July 31, 2014

Look out, the Ab Fab women are coming back

by Adam Finley, posted Apr 8th 2006 2:00PM
ab fabI never watched Absolutely Fabulous. I'm sure it was a fine show, I just never watched it. Nevertheless, I know some of you would be interested to know that Joanna Lumley and Jennifer Saunders, stars of the hugely popular series, are teaming up once again for a seven-episode series being produced for both the BBC and BBC America (so we'll actually get to see it here, too). The series, which has no title yet, was created by Saunders and will focus on a women's club attended by gossipy types. If I didn't know the Ab Fab girls were behind this I think that plot synopsis would send me screaming in the other direction. The show, which has no airdate yet, will also star Dawn French, who worked with  both Lumley and Saunders before Ab Fab.

carly

how can you say that ab fab is not funny? you must have no sense of humour at all! it is one of the best comedy sitcoms ever! dutchie is right, get them all on dvd, i have!!

June 10 2006 at 2:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dutchie

AbFab is one of the funniest and best-written sitcoms ever. Get them all on DVD immediately. Unless, of course, you really love King of Queens, 21/2 Men, etc....then, don't bother. You won't really get it.

April 18 2006 at 9:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sensitive_man

Robert, Ab Fab is a womans show. It is not meant to be funny for the men stuck watching it with their wives.

April 09 2006 at 8:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BJB

They are British women? Oh! That explains. I always thought they were British cross-dressers.

April 09 2006 at 8:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
robert

Ab Fab used to run on Comedy Central. It was one of the least funny shows I have ever seen. "We're british women and we're lazy drunks. Isn't it funny?" That's it in a nutshell. Horrible.

April 08 2006 at 2:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply