September 21, 2014

Mischa Barton leaving The O.C.?

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Apr 8th 2006 10:03AM

Mischa Barton; FOX; The OCAmerica's favorite troubled teenager might be walking away from her job. Rumors are flying that Mischa Barton has had enough of her role as Marissa Cooper on The O.C.

Supposedly, Barton is worried about being type-cast as well as the show's mediocre ratings. I suppose I can't blame her for being ticked off about the ratings. Stacking this show (any show for that matter) against CSI is going to hurt eventually. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this season ends. It'll be weird if Marissa is involved with any sort of cliffhanger only to be absent when the next season rolls around. If she does leave, the show just won't be the same. Anyone think it would work without her?

[via UPI]

kim

hey im kim i dont think marrisa should go she is the best ever and if u r reading this right now mischa barton u rox man i whish i could meant u real life u soude real cool and nice well g2g bye

June 25 2006 at 3:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Emma Toshkova

I CANT BELIEVE THAT MISCHA IS GONNA LEAVE!I JUST CANT!I MEAN...HOW COULD SHE?!?!WHEN I FIRST WATCHED HOW SHE DIES I JUST COULDNT BELIEVE IT.I THOUGHT THAT THIS WAS SOME KIND OF JOKE OR SOMETHING...I CRIED LIKE AN HOUR...I MEAN THAT MIND SOUND REALLY DUMB BUT I REALLY DID!I LOVE ALL OF THE FOUR MAIN CHARACTERS-MARISSA,RYAN,SETH AND SUMMMER.AND I JUST CANT IMAGINE O.C. WITHOUT THEM OR WITHOUT JUST ONE OF THEM!UP UNTIL NOW O.C. HAS BEEN MY FAVOURITE MOVIE.I NEVER MISS A SERIE EVEN THOUGH IN THE COUNTRY WHERE I LIVE AND WHERE I AM FROM I WATCH THE SERIES LIKE A LITTLE LATER THAN THEY DO IN AMERICA.BUT STILL...I WAS TERRIFIED WHEN I HEARD THAT THE WRITTERS WERE GOING TO KILL MARISSA.I HOPE THAT IN SOME WAY THEY BRING MISCHA BACK FOR JUST ONE OR TWO SERIES.IT WOULD ROCK IF SHE ACTUALLY DOESNT DIE BUT STAYS IN HOSPITAL FOR LIKE HALF OF THE NEXT SEASON OR EVEN MORE.THEN A FEW SERIES BEFORE THE END SHE COULD WAKE UP AND EVERYTHING COULD BE BACK TO NORMAL...THAT WOULD REALLY BE COOL BUT I KNOW THAT IT WONT HAPPEN AND IT MAKES ME FEEL SO BAD..THE OC WAS LIKE A PART OF MY LIFE FOR ABOUT 2YEARS OR EVEN MORE..AND NOW THAT MISCHA'S GONNE..IT JUST WONT BE THE SAME...I CANT BELIEVE THAT I AM GONNA REMEBER OC LIKE THIS..IT WAS MY FAVOURITE BUT NOW..I DONT KNOW..SINCE MARISSA WONT BE THERE ANYMORE IT MIGHT BE TOO SAD TO WATCH.I WONT MISS THE 4TH SEASON BUT I WANT MISCHA BARTON TO KNOW THIS:OC WONT BE THE SAME WITHOUT YOU,I WILL MISS YOU AND WILL KEEP HOPING THAT U WILL COME BACK(EVEN THOUGH THIS PROBABLY IS IMPOSSIBLE)!!!LOVE YA,MISCHA!

June 22 2006 at 10:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JuSt-CeCo

As far as i'm concerned the OC won't be ever the same without the character of Mischa Bolton... Well, it's true that lately she had been given only bad roles but it's not up to her... it was really annoying watching her ruining her life with that Volchek guy and keeping on with troubles and so on...maybe if something else happened she would save her charm for the rest of the show...but i guess it didn't go that way..well that's a pitty cause she really made the OC such a great show.i'll definately miss her :( and god damn' it how she could die!!!

June 12 2006 at 4:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JuSt-CeCo

June 12 2006 at 4:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Christian Dior (Over dozed on The O.C.) 4 Eva!!!!!!!! C.D.

I think that if Mischa Bartons charcter marissa die's the show will go with her, she has made the show over the past 3 series, and if she dies i think the writters will regret it and she will aswell, and if you all want to dis her and say she is this and that all the time you will be the ones who will miss the show when its ratings plumit and this will all be because marissa cooper isnt there any more and i dont no about you lot but in the U.K. we will all miss her because she represents a person that we all no and can relate to and if she goes pelican, newport beach, and havour will not be the same ever again nore will be the other 3 series when you sit down and watch them please understand she will make The O.C. rubbish if she isnt there it will be like the oc will out seth and summer not the same and i no she is mody and annoyin but she is getting back on track and her life is getting back together and if volchuck left her alone she would be fine and her and ryan could go to berkely and everyone could be great......from

May 25 2006 at 5:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
amy

ok... everybody that has gone on this sight and has written a comment has there own point of view. My point of view is that if marissa leaves there is no point in even keeping the show. So everybody that want marissa to stay on the OC needs to sign the "save Marissa Cooper" petition. They need 500,000 people to sign this petition before they can get her back. Please sin this petetion. Even those people who hate marissa, if there is no marissa there can be no OC anymorre. and if you want sadie back mabye she will come back in the 4th season. but if marissa leaves the show, then the OC shows popularity will start going downhill and then they will have to cut it off. so whether you like marissa or not, sign the petetion.

May 20 2006 at 9:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jasmine Martin

What are y'all talking about????? Mischa is the only reason The O.C. is so alive! You people are just insane!!!!! Mischa is the best actress I've ever seen, better than Jessica Alba!!!! You guys are weird!!!! Mischa is the best I've seen! Dudes, get it together!!!!!!!

May 20 2006 at 3:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alaina

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo upset. Last night on the O.C. they had "Marissa" die!!! The show just will not be the same without her on there!
That is not suppose to be how it turned out!!--She was suppose to get back together with Ryan!!!!
That stinks!!!!!!!

May 19 2006 at 11:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lisa

and seriously... the drama in the show is not even close to reality... what 18 yr olds have this much drama in their lives... it's not even close to reality and it is too much dramatized (if thats a word) you need to think of something fastttt... or the show will die... the first season was the best, go back to that! throwing in all these weird twists, like oliver, teresa with the baby, and johnny and that other guy who does drugs... it's getting old...

May 19 2006 at 11:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lisa

I honestly think that Marissa NEEDS to stay on the O.C. b/c obvi it simply won't be The O.C. anymore. The writers have honestly made people hate Mischa's character... so hate the writers, not Mischa, bc she is only playing the part that they write for her. If she does decide to leave, there is no sense to continue on with the show. Who really wants to see Marissa's sister Kaitlin try and act like a young Marissa... it's sooo stupid! Kaitlin was hardly in seasons 1 & 2 and rarely mentioned... now all the sudden she's in the show trying to be like Marissa? SO STUPID! You writers should really listen to us, the viewers, bc we are the ones watching... If you are going to make a show and have many seasons... you should always stick to the original cast members... bc the viewers get attached to the characters and then all the sudden they leave... again, so stupid! Just cancel the show, seriously, if Mischa does leave.

If she does stay... seriously, end the whole Ryan and Marissa thing, either they are together or not... stop with the flirting thing, it's getting old... and Julie Cooper, I honestly don't know what you were thinking... Julie isnt Julie anymore... Seth smokes/smoked pot... Marissa's character did a complete 360 with her sleeping around with all these bad boys and doing drugs, thats not her character... Sandy and Kirstin basically fell apart with Kirstin turing into an alocholic... seriously idk what you were thinking..Idk it's retarded... either wrap things up and call is quits with this show or start making it interesting so the viewers will actually enjoy watching it.

May 19 2006 at 11:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply