September 2, 2014

Muhammed was on South Park before

by Adam Finley, posted Apr 9th 2006 11:01AM

south parkThe opportunity was there, and I missed it. You see, the most recent episode of South Park focused on an episode of Family Guy which (didn't) show an image of the Prophet Muhammed. In the episode, Family Guy, at least on one level, became a kind of symbolic representation of South Park. By the end of the show the question wasn't whether Family Guy would show an image of Muhammed, but whether South Park would (as many people pointed out, this was made clear in the last line of the episode: "If Comedy Central doesn't puss out").

I didn't focus much on that aspect in my review of the episode, choosing instead to examine the episode's negative assessment of Family Guy. My prerogative, of course, but by doing so I missed the chance to mention something that was staring me in the face the whole time: South Park already has shown an image of Muhammed, and they did it almost five years ago. The episode was called "The Super Best Friends" and featured Jesus and all of his religious super hero pals, one of which just happened to be Muhammed. So yeah, I could have sounded smart, but I didn't. My only consolation is that this will only happen about twenty more times today.

Note: I went back and read the comments on my previous post and noticed Elliott alluded to this, as well. Nice job, E.

Update: YouTube has the relevant portion of the episode available, embedded below.

KittyKat

Doug's argument make no sense, he's being ridiculous! Every religion has extremists, thats just how it is! Like Fighting Hatred pointed out, Christians had the KKK, and other extremists groups as well! While the KKK were in full glory (keeping in mind, the KKK wasn't a very big organization to begin with), why did it take so long to supress them? According to Doug's logic, other Christians were 'supporting' them, b/c otherwise they would have been stopped almost immediately! Yes, its a pretty stupid argument! There are millions if not billions muslims all over the world, and if all muslims are terrorists, and killers as you say, the world we live in would be a very different place! Majority of muslims are kind and peaceful people (Doug, clearly don't know any), and its pretty ridiculus to bash and generalizations on billions of people based on a handful of bad apples! And all you people talking about all the violence and killings based on terrorism, you all forget that not too long ago, millions of people were killed and ill treated in the slave trade, Imperialism, the Halocaust, etc. Sure, they are weren't based on religion, but do we look at people who came from countries with violent pasts, and make generalizations about them? Point is, far worst things have happened, and the world has failed to notice, or action until it was too late, but does that mean everyone is responsible?

Some of you people really need a reality check! And fyi, you can't bash a religion based on how much social security a country provides it people! Social security in the western world is a fairly new concept, and its political issue, not an Islamic issue!

January 18 2008 at 1:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fighting Hatred

"I will concede that their fundamentalists are more violent than Christian fundamentalists, but it is important to note that Christian fundamentalists don't represent all Christians."

Are we forgetting that a very large faction of the Evangelical Christian movement consists of the KKK? Yes, that's right. The KKK is indeed a Christian institution.

Suicide bombers:Islam as KKK:Christianity.

It breaks my heart to hear people actually believe that all Muslims are suicide bombers. Most- yes MOST, not just some- followers of Islam are peaceful people who neither act violently nor condone the use of violence to convey a religious message. Don't forget that. Do a bit more research and find out some statistical facts before flatly believing the stereotypes so easily consumed in our fast food, fast politics society.

December 19 2007 at 2:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Doug, NYC

Get a clue, y'all.

ALL religions are for morons who can't think for themselves. Islam is just the last in line to "evolve" in the modern age. Murder is still a method of conversion for them, so they kill everyone who is different, to scare all infidels into turning Muslim.

People say, "Not all Muslims support killing". That's a complete and total lie. If Muslims didn't secretly support the murder of all infidels, there would be demonstrations and parades and all kinds of expressions from the "good Muslims" to stop the killing of Jews, Westerners and other infidels, including fellow Muslims. So far, we hear of one here, one there, and all the rest of the "good Muslims" keep silent and allow the "radicals" to perform Allah's work.

Ask yourself "What does Saudi Arabia's royal family do with the billions they make from world oil sales?"

Do they open literacy centers for women and the poor?
Do they promote tolerance in Saudi schools?
Do they encourage equal rights for all citizens?
Do they ensure free elections?

DO THEY SEND MONEY TO SUPORT HAMAS, HEZBOLLAH, ISLAMIC JIHAD, AL-QAEDA, the PLO, the AL-AQSA BRIGADES and other murderous Muslim groups?
YES, they do.

October 18 2006 at 4:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Spy

Mohammed is shown at the beginning of both episodes in the intro w/ all the characters... he's to the right of the "South Park" sign w/ an orange towel and yellow robe.

April 15 2006 at 3:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gordievsky

BLOW! I'm pretty sure its legit.

April 15 2006 at 12:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
imre

i hate muslimism and mohammed. so go ahead... kill me ... further details how to find me are at imre42@hot.ee...
the thing is I never had a problem with religions till now... but this is just absurd...

April 13 2006 at 10:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to imre's comment
Umu-zakariya Mohamed

God hate you before you even hate Muslim and prophet peace be upon him. I am sorry billions now on earth and trillions others loved him. You cant do anything and you are not the only one who said this...........

August 18 2011 at 10:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NDCoggshall

Just finished watching the episode after work.
Based on their past track record, I would say Trey and Matt planned it.
All the fighting for the 1st amendment, then not to show it, a piece of irony.
Also a way to poke fun at everyone freaking out, like they're golden rule says:
"make fun of all of it or none of it"
So that would include their fans and themselves.
"...the show has become so preachie and so full of messages, that you have forgot how to be funny..."
Another line poking fun at their change over the years, so fun.

Now I have a question....this is going to make me sound bad, but I don't get out much and I live in a hole in the wall....I am luckie if I know the weather, date, and time....
Why is it bad to show Muhammed these days?
If anyone can give me a link for an artical, get me up to date,
I would like to find out what is going on around me...thanks ^^;

April 13 2006 at 5:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to NDCoggshall's comment
Umu-zakariya Mohamed

The answer is simple, there is no one that can pretend the prophet Mohamed peace be upon him. He is the most beloved person to God. Same as the other prophets peace be upon them like Isa (Jesus). Go read the Quran you will now the reason.

August 18 2011 at 10:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply