Abdul goes after Seacrest

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 12th 2006 6:13PM
Paula AbdulPaula Abdul let some things slip the other night on Leno:

• She says Ryan Seacrest is ticked that he didn't get on the Rolling Stone cover with her, Simon, and Randy.
  • She says that the only thing Seacrest kisses is the mirror, and that Teri Hatcher is not that desperate a housewife (funny line - must have been written for her).
Of course, Seacrest's spokeswoman gets the last word in: "There is no validity to what Paula said about Ryan on The Tonight Show...Ryan hasn't spoken to Paula about either Rolling Stone or his personal life."

Something tells me that Seacrest has more than enough ammo to use on Paula if he wanted to.

Cynthia

Love Simon, Paula, Randy and Seacrest. They are the spice of the American Idol. Without them, it is just an ordirnary singing contest.

April 26 2006 at 7:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cynthia

April 26 2006 at 7:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Beth

For those who believe Ryan is not doing a good job, have you thought about the level of difficulty of getting all of the timing right on that show....? And that is his job. I think he does it well. It is much harder to be a host and be responsible for making it to commercial, end of show on time, not too soon, etc. than it is to sit at a table and give opinions.

April 14 2006 at 1:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim

Ryan Who???

April 13 2006 at 5:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kathy

I love the banter between Simon and Ryan-I dont think either of them takes it personal-it is simply to relax the people who are in the contest. Randy is way too drawn up in his own little world, and Paula seems out of it (not a good thing) Simon is the only person who actually is trying to help these people with song choice, delivery, etc-he just gets a little carried away sometimes. Paula needs to watch what she says about the others in public.

April 13 2006 at 5:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim Atsedes

For those of you that think AI is stupid,etc., I find it refreshing to view a high-rated show that is not based on sex as the hook.High ratings without sex ?? May it never be !!!

April 13 2006 at 5:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
susan

I like Ryan a lot, he makes the show fun. Simon and Ryan are actually good friends. I like Paula too but feel bad because she has had problems. Give her a break. I also like Randy. The show wouldn't be the same if any one of them were to go. I also decided this past show that Eliot is the best singer and I will begin voting for him. If you close your eyes and don't look at any of them singing you'll end up choosing Eliot because he really does have the best voice.

April 13 2006 at 3:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LC

I think the banter between Ryan and Simon is real enough (they don't like eachother) but it adds another dimension to the show (which is working) thus the producters allow it to continue (maybe even encourage it).
Despite Simon's disagreeable ways, I usually agree with him over either of the other two judges. Some performances are truly terrible and he tells it like it is. Sugar coating things (Paula) should not be what it's all about.

April 13 2006 at 2:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shellie

I like Ryan. Paula just says what Randy says. When there was some argument between Paula and Simon (which I find so stupid and makes me feel uncomfortable)and paul was in the first seat, she actually had to think of her own ORIGINAL comments. She was a lot more tolerable! I just don't get the Kellie thing and I am far too old to be jealous of her. Her "stupid act" is annoying enough, but I really don't think her singing is better than Mandisa or Lisa.

April 13 2006 at 2:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Julie Spitale

Ryan and Simon( and Paula and Randy) are friendly offscreen, and you all are waaaaay to gullible. They simply know what helps ratings. Apparantly, some of you don't.

April 13 2006 at 2:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply