April 19, 2014

Who was the sixth pallbearer at Leo's funeral?

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 17th 2006 3:49PM
West WingThis question has been asked a couple of times here, in the comments for my latest West Wing review and in an earlier post I believe. Who was that sixth pallbearer at Leo's funeral? There was the President, Josh, Charlie, Santos, the DNC guy, and in the back a guy with short light hair.

Anyone know who he was? Really odd that they didn't have another regular cast member to be a pallbearer.

Ariane Rivendell

sorry... 'worked' on the show... (sigh)

April 18 2006 at 1:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ariane Rivendell

sorry for your loss, Claudia.

I would love to have known John. A friend did a director's stint on the show for a season (2 or 3, I forget which) and I wished so much I could have working on the show, as well.

So heartbreaking for the cast & crew...

April 18 2006 at 12:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
claudia

Since I worked on the show for 6 years and although I missed the funeral episode I am thinking it may have been Lee, John Spencer's stand-in. From the photo I saw attached to this article it looked like his head...
it would make perfect sense for those of us who were part of the family. We loved and still love John very much. He was a gem. Thanks for watching!

April 17 2006 at 10:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gdiepenb

I think he is Leo's daughter's husband because somebody made a statement in the first episode this season about her campaigning "with the baby." But yes, he was sitting next to her during the funeral before he carried the casket.

April 17 2006 at 9:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dorv

As Tammy said, its Mallory's signifigant other, as it was discussed in the Episode comments.

April 17 2006 at 5:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

He is either Mallory's boyfriend, fianc頯r husband. If you notice when they are going through the crowd at the wedding, he is sitting next to Mallory. (Unless Leo had a son I didn't know about.)

April 17 2006 at 4:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris

no - he's asking who is the guy standing BEHIND the DNC guy... directly opposite of Santos... frankly, I have no idea

April 17 2006 at 4:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RevJonathan

And for my 3RD post, I see I was wrong about who you were talking about. Leo was a Marine I believe, and they were going to emphasize the military funeral. They never did, so this is probably a military guy to pay homage to that. I'd check up on it, but that'd be four posts in a row, and no one likes that guy.

April 17 2006 at 4:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RevJonathan

Yeah its Barry Goodwin, DNC chair.

April 17 2006 at 4:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RevJonathan

Yeah, he's the DNC guy, remember at Bartlet's daughter's wedding? The guy who wanted to replace Josh? He may be the DNC chair.

April 17 2006 at 4:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply