September 21, 2014

Hex comes to America

by Adam Finley, posted Apr 19th 2006 4:36PM
hexHex, the Sky One series which has been described as a cult favorite and a more "adult" alternative to Buffy the Vampire Slayer, will be coming to BBC America on June 8. The series focuses on Cassie, a high school girl with supernatural powers. The series ran in the UK for two seasons and a total of eighteen episodes. The first ten episodes will began airing on BBC America at 10 p.m. on June 8. There's no word on when the rest of the episodes will air. I hadn't heard of this show until recently, but it sounds like it could be pretty good. If anyone out there has seen it, I'd love to hear your take on it.

Juan

What tv station will Hex come on??
Please let me know this sounds like such an interesting show!!
Please let me know

May 31 2006 at 2:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VitoTheTiVo

Lots of changes in the season two. And not all for the better. And there's no consistency to the show in terms of the treatment of ghosts, etc. But check it out, I watched them all on bittorrent.

April 20 2006 at 5:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kurifurisan

I recently watched both seasons from this show. Not bad I have to say. Interesting storylines and likeable characters.

April 20 2006 at 2:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MrC

Hex is two series, the first 5 episodes (the first being a "double" so 6x45, the second 13x45.

It gets a lot of comparisons to Buffy but resembles it very little. The first series was high on teen angst, low on supernatural stuff, the second was the other way about.

April 19 2006 at 10:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

Here in Canada, our SPACE station, which is like the US SCIFI channel, started showing HEX in March. Right now we are up to episode 7. So far it has some elements of Buffy but more "adult" in language and sex. It started of a little slow but now it is very interesting and exciting.

April 19 2006 at 7:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim

Buffy but with nudity. That sounds like about the only way Joss could have improved that series! :-)

April 19 2006 at 7:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ashley Boyd

Granted I only watched the first episode (because after it I had no desire to watch any more) but it seems the only way its more adult is because theres more nudity.

April 19 2006 at 5:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply