October 31, 2014

Lost cast member signs to new show

by Anna Johns, posted Apr 19th 2006 8:15AM
lost castDon't worry. I won't reveal it on the front page. You'll have to click on the jump to find out which Lost cast member has joined another show.

Click below ONLY if you want to know.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Cynthia Watros (Libby) has signed on to co-star in My Ex-Life, with Tom Cavanagh (Ed, Love Monkey). The show is about two best friends, who also happen to be a divorced couple that shares custody of their child. Watros replaces Gillian Vigman, who was originally cast in the role of Cavanagh's best friend.

Here's what doesn't make sense in the Hollywood Reporter article: "Watros is doing My Ex-Life as a guest star because of her commitment to ABC's hit drama, Lost, on which she is a regular."

So. Is this a cover-up so the casting news doesn't spoil the season finale? Or, is Watros really going to do double duty next season?

Shawn

I cannot believe that Ana Lucia is gone from the show. Dang, she was one of the most interesting characters on any show in a long time! Her history and her persona, I dont like it. At first I could not believe the writers, how they could do that. But apparently the M. Rodriquez only wanted to be on one season. My mom was watching a morning show where she was on and she said she knew when she signed her contract that eventually she was going to be killed off. She just didnt know when. Wonder which is true.

May 07 2006 at 11:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kari

Watros is one of the best actors you never see on the show. We need more of Libby, Echo and Sayed!
I hope she sticks around and Lost realizes what a treasure they have in their underused castaways!

April 27 2006 at 9:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kiah

Then again, maybe you're right about the sex Chris W. It seems like pre-marital sex is punishable by death on the island.....Curiously only for the women!

April 23 2006 at 1:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kiah

I think that Libby's secret identity as an other will be found out and/or she will simply "disappear". I really don't think they will kill her off, but even if they do, I think we will know ALL about her before that happens.

April 23 2006 at 1:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Walt

I telling you now... Hurley and Libby are going to eventually get intimate, and Hurley is going to find a strategically placed tattoo on Libby that reads,
"Drew Carey was here"...
That's enough to drive any man over the edge -
or in this case to Hurl...

April 19 2006 at 10:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris Wyant

Yeah, I think Libby's one of the ones to go at the end of the season. This type of thing has been done before, telling people it's only a guest spot; that's official jargon for one contract not having expired so another contract can't be signed. The role on CBS sounds permanent. It's a shame because they just made her character intriguing. My guess is that they're just using her as a catalyst to unveil a more important character, and to make Hurley upset... Hell hath no fury like a fat man scorned.
I'm willing to accept Libby leaving, but everyone's going on and on about Ana-Lucia kicking the bucket, and I'm against it. Not only is she one of the few women on the show, but she's also strong and interesting. If she has to go, I hope she dies doing something awesome.
Also, weren't Cynthia Watros and Michelle Rodriguez two of the three with DUIs last year? Hmmmm...

April 19 2006 at 10:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Toby OB

When Jennifer Finnegan signed on to do the pilot for "Close To Home", she was listed as a guest star even though her Annabeth Chase was the main character. This was a technicality to get around using her as she was still obligated to NBC and "Committed".

The same thing is probably happening her, but I don't know if one could assume from this news that Libby is being written out of the show.

April 19 2006 at 9:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Corey

Why would you even post about this as if she was leaving the show when they clearly state that it is only a guest starring role?

April 19 2006 at 9:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

if they give her character a season-long disappearing act as they've done with michael and walt, it's possible she could do both.. and even if they don't, seems like she's only in the background unless it's a hurley episode.

April 19 2006 at 9:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

Hopefully this is good news for Sons & Daughters. I figured it was done as soon as Gillian Vigman signed onto a new show, but if she's out maybe it does have a future after all.

I would be disappointed to see Cynthia Watros leave Lost after they revealed she was in the institution with Hurley. That could lead to some very interesting stuff for the rest of the season.

April 19 2006 at 8:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply