December 19, 2014

Gilmore Girls creators leave show

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 20th 2006 10:45PM
Gilmore GirlsAmy Sherman-Palladino and her husband Dan have left the WB show because they couldn't come to an agreement on their contracts with the studio. They are going to leave at the end of this season.

It looks like the show will go on though. Dave Rosenthal, a producer and writer on the show already, will take over when the show returns next year (?) on the new CW.

[via Lee Goldberg]

Amanda

I am soooo glad that the writers are gone. Don't get me wrong they were great for the past five seasons. But, they ruined the show this year. This was the first time ever I was bored watching it. The April story really ruined everything. That was just a bad idea! It seems like they were trying to sabotage it. Maybe the new writers can finally get Luke back to who he was before this season and can make the show funny and interesting again!!

May 14 2006 at 1:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
christina

This season has been a huge let down in comparison to the other 5 seasons..the fight at the Gilmore house between the four main characters was downright stupid! I am a bit nervous as one comment stated; Amy has known the final epiosde since the beginning and now that path has been interupted...will it be for the best or not has yet to be seen...the april storyline however needs to be done!

May 12 2006 at 5:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mandy

Amy had always spoke about how she had two words that she wanted to end the last episode ever with. I have always been very curious as to what those were going to be. Now we may never know. =/

May 05 2006 at 2:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lisa sperlinga

i have always loved the gilmore girls and i hope they can now make luke a little more likeable. he is so miserable all the time that when he is nice it seems fake. so mabe with the new palladinos gone they can lighten up his character. other than that i always enjoyed watching the show. i did stop this season just because i cant stand luke being miserable.

April 24 2006 at 7:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Naomi Ana

I love the show. I have watched since the very begining. I am glad they are not canceling the show(?).
I am goimg to be sad to see the Palladino's leave. I have to admit this season is a little boring. Something big needds to happen. If Rory and Logan get married I will totaly die. I still watch the show and have never missed an episode, never will. I can't wait to see what the new producers do with the show. I hope they dont take away its wittiness charm.

April 22 2006 at 6:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adrienne

Yes, I agree with Doc about the Palladinos leaving they have not made this a good season for many of the fans (especially with the upcoming season finale) I think it is time for a change of pace and writer. All I have to say is "Goodbye ASP we'll all remember you in therapy."

April 22 2006 at 4:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark

I think it's been a pretty good season, though, yeah, the April thing is an artificially contrived TV plot. But the writing this season has been amazing, and I really liked the Lorelai/Rory split. I agree with Michael: CW should aggressively go after Jane Espenson to be the new showrunner. There's very few people that can get this stuff right, but JE is one of them, plus she tends to write for Doyle a lot and he cracks me up (way funnier than Kirk or the French guy).

April 21 2006 at 3:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Christina

It seems to me almost as if the Palladinos have been sabotaging the show because they wanted to leave. Not cool.

April 21 2006 at 12:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael

Why not bring back Jane Espenson to help write or produce? She is very good at picking up the style of writing of any show she works on and for the most part, her work is usually pretty darn good.

April 21 2006 at 10:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gooby

Seriously, isn't it time to just let.this.one.go? There's such a thing as going on for too long, right?

April 21 2006 at 8:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply