October 2, 2014

Is Watros' new role good news for Sons & Daughters fans?

by Joel Keller, posted Apr 21st 2006 7:07PM
Gillian VigmanA couple of days ago, we told you about the news that Lost's (and -- to me -- Titus' and Drew Carey's) Cynthia Watros has signed to be a "guest star" on the new Tom Cavanagh CBS sitcom, which for now is called My Ex-Life. But the important part of the story as far as I'm concerned is that Watros will be taking the place of Sons & Daugters' Gillian Vigman (pictured), who had signed on to the pilot deal as a second option, in case S&D got cancelled.

So here's the $64 question: Does this mean that S&D, one of my favorite shows of the season, is coming back? We don't know yet, but this Zap2It article speculates that becaue ABC Entertainment president Steve McPherson is such a big fan of the show and he's had a history of unexpected pickups (just ask everyone on Jake In Progress), it might actually happen. So, S&D fans, keep your fingers crossed.

[via Pop Candy]

Ali Baba Ghanoush

I watched the pilot of Sons, hearing that it was billed as a sort of successor to Arrested Development. I wasn't too impressed. It was funny, but inside funny, like Fred's earlier show. But ever since the house party episode, I've been chomping at the bit to see more. Besides, doesn't ABC need something to plug in the major holes between new episodes of Lost, Desperate Housewives and the hospital one?

May 10 2006 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joel

Michael, Fred and Nick made 11 episodes; all but one has aired so far. There's no current plans to air #11.

April 23 2006 at 12:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael G

What about the rest of the shows from the first season?

I thought there was 13, and I have only seen 10.

April 23 2006 at 12:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joel

Danny, why do you think that this means Watros is automatically off Lost? The pilot might not get picked up, or even if it does, she may still show up in some episodes. They can always write around it.

April 22 2006 at 10:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danny Cohen

hey, thanks a lot for posting information like that about Watros on the front page, i was trying to avoid the name of the person who had signed on.

I take back the thanks, and I just project a lot of hate towards you all, you have ruined the rest of the season of LOST for me.

April 22 2006 at 3:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris Wyant

Titus was an awesome show.

April 21 2006 at 10:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

I actually avoided watching this show not because I did not think I'd like it but because I thought I would like it. And it seemed like another one of those shows that would be short-lived so I didn't want to get my hopes up. If it gets picked up for another season I'll officially be the worst judge of how the television gods operate. I'm just going to watch Deal or No Deal in the hopes that it goes off the air.

April 21 2006 at 8:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will Teullive

I hope 'Son and Daughters' gets another look from ABC, I think Fred Goss is the real deal. The shows seems to get better each week.

I guess no one with a Nielsen box loved 'Love Monkey' Tom Cavanagh must have a sweet deal with CBS to get another shot so quickly.

April 21 2006 at 7:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alan

I am so confused. Is Watros in and Vigman out? Or is Watros with Cavanaugh and Vigman staying put? Either way there is no was in any universe that the dad on S&D could get a wife as hot as either of them.

April 21 2006 at 7:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply