July 31, 2014

NBC to 'super-size' its schedule come May

by Richard Keller, posted Apr 24th 2006 8:30AM

Super-sized Steve CarellOK, you owners of the Video Tape Recorder, I'm putting you on alert. NBC is 'super-sizing' some of its Thursday night shows during May sweeps. This, of course, will be putting your VCRs into a state of apoplexy.

On May 11th Will & Grace and the season finales of My Name is Earl and The Office will expand to 40-minutes apiece in a ratings-grabbing scheme that hasn't been seen on Thursday nights since Friends was on the air. The belief is, by adding an additional ten minutes to each show, viewers are less likely to surf to other networks.

This will be the next-to-last episode of Will & Grace and will feature a bit of baby drama for the two main characters. On Earl, the main character (Jason Lee) will encounter some problems as he tries to cross off the number one item on the list. The finale of The Office, written by star Steve Carell, will feature a charity casino night.

In a related story, ER will be ten minutes shorter that evening to see if anyone really notices. Heh. Heh.

Steve Carell

It's gonna be a good one tonight. Hope you all enjoy! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!!!!!

April 25 2006 at 7:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lucretia Higgins

Hope NBC expands Earl into an hour. Can't get enough. And, hello to the Crab Man.

April 25 2006 at 6:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
M

My name is earl is awesome, im glad 10 more minutes are being added ^^

April 25 2006 at 6:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lindsay

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ER. That is my favorite show. Whats with the Re-Runs?!

April 25 2006 at 6:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vanessa

I absolutely LOVE The Office and Earl! I wish they were hour long shows. Maybe next season??

April 25 2006 at 5:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
A

I will certainly notice that ER will be shorter!

April 25 2006 at 5:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paige

Okay, so yeah everyone listen to this anouncement that I have: THE OFFICE FREAKING ROCKS! It does, and there is no denying that. Hopefully they won't end the show after the same amount of seasons BBC had to offer, and will expand the life of the fantastice show. 40 minutes, this is like a dream some true.

April 25 2006 at 5:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Emily

the office is definatly
the funniest show i hvae ever seen

April 25 2006 at 2:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

who uses video tapes anymore?

April 25 2006 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Olyvia

I LOVE the office, and i think it is so funny. cant wait till the season finnale. but doe shtat meen after that they will al be repeats?

April 25 2006 at 2:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply