August 22, 2014

Veronica Mars: Look Who's Stalking

by Keith McDuffee, posted Apr 25th 2006 11:17PM
veronica mars(S02E20) Earlier today I put out the call for new viewers to this show that this was their last chance to catch a plot-ruining-free episode this season. For the most part I was right, though I'm not sure this was the best episode for a newcomer to see. There were a lot of inside jokes that might have gotten lost on someone not familiar with past episodes. With that said though, we were thrown so many new pieces of the big puzzle this week to make even fans' heads spin.

First up, Veronica has the clap chlamydia? The only explanation for this would be Duncan's little hop in the sack with Kendall earlier in the season. So one would assume that we'll find out later that Logan is infected as well, though I'm not sure where this whole thing pieces together quite yet. Here's a wild guess: Veronica will find out that Logan has chlamydia from Hannah, figure he got it from Kendall, then put two and two together and see that Duncan had a fling with Kendall. Then Veronica will dig in to figure out what was in it for Kendall and see that she worked to set Duncan up for Lily's Lilly's murder to help get Aaron off.

Then we have the man who stole Cliff's briefcase, who we later learn is most likely Aaron Echolls' former prison roomie. Obviously Aaron (or someone helping Aaron) had the briefcase stolen, since it contained files and evidence in the Echolls murder case.

Next, Woody's escapade at the hotel. I might be going out on a limb here, but here's my theory of what happened. Woody drugged the woman, then drove her (or had someone drive her) to the hotel room. Woody shows up the next morning, removes most of his clothes and gives Keith a call. Why would he do any of this? Because he wants it to look to Keith, and likely the public, that he's a heterosexual man. Why else would Woody still be undressed when Keith showed up at the hotel? Obviously he wanted to look more convincing, otherwise why wouldn't he have been fully dressed when Keith arrived?

Lastly there's Lucky, the janitor. Obviously he plays a huge part in everything, and, frustrating for everyone, Keith gets whisked away before he can hear Lucky spill the beans on what Woody "really is." But another interesting detail in this case is who bails Lucky out of jail -- the holy-rolling, gay-hating father of one Meg Manning. It's slowly all coming together now ... or is it?

Quote of the episode:

Madison: "So, I guess you're here alone since Duncan, like, ran away or whatever."
Veronica: "You mean ... took it on the LAMB? 'Cuz I can't imagine what that's like, can you? Being ON THE LAMB? I think you'd just want to close your eyes and pray for it all to end. You'd have the cops crawling all over you. Right? What do you think, Madison?"

Truman Starr

People, there is no way Lucky is a victim of Woody's, the father of Meg's baby, AND the source of V's STD. Just too neat of a theory. Despite what the nay-sayers say Duncan is the source of V's infection and, yes, he did get it from Kendall--and yes V will learn this (somehow) when Logan comes down with it too. This will ruin things with Duncan, but when Logan saves her during Lucky's shooting rampage, they will begin to be reconiled (as someone else suggested to me). Logan's drunken confession to V was genuine. Kendall's appearance is too convientent as well. Did he call her out of grief (after giving her the boot before) or did she invite herself over, as part of her plan with Logan's father?

Lucky might be a victim of Wicked Woody, but he might not be the father of Meg's baby (though I don't think its Duncan's either now). Why would Meg's father want to protect the guy who knocked her up (possibly by rape as someone said)? No, its still a mystery why Meg's father bailed him out, but its likely connected to Woody somehow.

Is Woody Meg's father (as someone else suggested to me)? That doesn't square with his apparent homosexual pedophilia, but is not impossible? Ok maybe not. Maybe the Woodmeister was trying to prove his het status with Keith with the hotel incident, but I think its more likely he was trying to frame/discredit/get leverage over Keith and/or he staged the whole thing, including the accusations in the paper, in orer to trash the incorporation vote. Recall that the newsman said the measure failed b/c of the scandal. Woody secretly wanted it/was forced to make it fail for some reason.

Cassidy might be an abuse victim, too, but is it more likely he is simply gay?

May 01 2006 at 12:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marco

Couple of things I noticed to go along with the line of thought you guys are going through. I rewatched the 2nd season over the last week or so with my little sister who I showed the first season to the week before =).

on the Woody STD link, if you all go back to the episode 9 ( ALT Ending Meg shocker ) in the first scene veronica and Gia are in a class talking about STD's and they have to tell their partner what STD they have and GIA says she has chlamydia. They Veronica gets called away.

Also the kid on the bus who was gay and posted about the outings of all outings. ( dont remember his name ) was going to out Woody? ALso Remeber when he said WHY would I even go to the Baseball thing??? Also Woody told Gia NOT to ride the bus home? he also called Gia to ask where she was just before the bus went over the cliff??

Now knowing Rob Thomas, this and the Kendell thing are both false leads IMO and it will be something we havnt thought of hehe.

May 01 2006 at 9:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Evadne

Different Rob Thomas.

I'm with Rachel--I think that the chain of STDs leads back to Woody (I like the Beaver idea, too). The only other idea I've got is that Woody's done some shady investments in Iraq--it's a huge long shot, but Lucky did talk about serving in the war, and it might be a chance to bring Dick senior back into play.

I'm going to guess that Kendall was at Logan's for some kind of nefarious purpose, or Logan brought her there to get information out of her (among other things, I suppose). It wouldn't be out of character for Logan to admit his undying love for Veronica or whatever and then sleep with Kendall, but I think we're at the point of the season where everything leads to the endgame.

April 28 2006 at 11:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy

I had a completey different take on the whole LoVe interaction this ep. Logan needed liquid courage to open up to V. Look at his invite to her to begin with. He wanted so much to ask her to go with him. He was yearning for her to show up. He searched very obviously as the people got off the elevator to see if she showed up. He let out that breath as she passed because he though she looked so beautiful. I think everything he said to her when he was drunk was truth. The next day he was back to pure fear mode. She did break his heart. He obviously has trust and love issues (look at how his dad used to beat him and his mom wasn't there for him) and he gave his heart to her. He's petrified to let her back in. You could see when she left and was crying and in the elevator the next day that he wanted desperately to go to her and tell her he loved her and was sorry but he can't because he is so afraid. Hurt them before they hurt you (or in this case let them be hurt rather than risk being hurt yourself because I don't think he meant to hurt her at all)

April 27 2006 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jk

Are we all forgetting the Alter-Ne-Prom? The whole Logan apoligizing for being an idiot and telling Veronica he cares about her. And Veronica falling for it. I must say I am happy she didn't kiss him. I was on the edge of my chair going "don't do it, don't u do it". And she didn't. But the next mornings events prove my theory all along that Logan is a Scum bag! Veronica pours her heart out to him and actually is saying "ya maybe it could happen". And he wakes up with Kendell or whatever the heck that homewreckers name is. Uggh hopefully someone will bump off Logan at the end of the season.

I was happy to see the Hott Cop back (forgot his name) that Veronica dated, I liked him.
I think Woody def did something sketchy to Lucky. What?? No clue. Maybe Woody and Logan will get bumped off together.

Q: Rob Thomas producer, is that the matchbox 20 singer?

April 27 2006 at 10:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy

What if Meg was pregnant with her dad's child? He gave her the Chlamydia. (Rob Thomas said in an interview Duncan didn't sleep with Kendall but who knows if he was bluffing) And in the alt ending where Meg dies, her mom comes in and kills her. Perhaps the mom (or the mom and dad) caused the bus crash because she knew Meg was carrying the dad's baby. Maybe they hired Lucky to o the job. I do think Woody is a pedophile and probably molested Lucky and Cassidy. If Cassidy had the STD from Woody and knew it (thereby not wanting to sleep with Mac), he could cure it with a simple round of antibiotics. Im wondering if Cassidy didnt want to sleep with Mac because of the psychological scars of being abused by Woody.

April 26 2006 at 8:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
johnnypark

Man I'm pretty sad about the double hiatus the show took cause I can't really remember much about old stuff that happened before christmas break and I'm not enjoying this season as much as I did with the first one. Even though I think the acting is better, the plot and subplots are as good and some even better, and this season is just as good all around, the double hiatus ruined it for me. Might gonna have to watch it from scratch while waiting for the finale.

Also I lost the first couple of minutes of the show where Veronica finds out about her STD, thanks for clearing that up.

April 26 2006 at 6:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

Whoa. Keith. You wrote that WHOLE recap and never once mentioned the Veronica/Logan angst-fest? How does that happen??

April 26 2006 at 6:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rachel

Yes, I think that the Chlamydia chain goes from Lucky to Meg to Duncan to Veronica. And I hope that means that Lucky is the father of Meg's baby, and That will make Duncan come back and everything will go back to normal. And I bet Lucky got Chlamydia from Woddy when he molested him as a young boy, and also gave it to Beaver (or Cassidy) and that is the reason he wouldn't have sex with Mac.

April 26 2006 at 3:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sean

ahhh...the Lucky to Meg to Duncan to V route is a much better theory than Kendall to Duncan to V. One way or another the Manning's clock is about to strike midnight b/c Duncan can't stay on the LAMB (haha) forever. that storyline is about to come to a close, hopefully with those two wackos in the slammer.

I imagine that Jackie won't be able to go to Paris with this news of her pops throwing games. Endorsement deals have a tendency to dry up quickly when the skeletons fall out of the closet and with all those gambling debts...goodbye Paris, hello Wallace.

I have no idea what Officer Mahoney was doing w/ the drunk/drugged lady. It must have been a ploy of his of some sort, although they said the scandal sank the incorporation vote, and Woody wanted that, no?

damn, I keep thinking that as time goes I'll get a better idea of who did what and I'm still f'ing clueless. Love it.

April 26 2006 at 3:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply