October 1, 2014

Charlie Sheen sued

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 28th 2006 3:50PM
Two and a Half MenWow, this isn't a good week for Charlie Sheen.

First he's going through the divorce nastiness with wife Denise Richards, and now a woman is suing him, claiming that the character Sheen plays on Two and a Half Men is based on her.

Not really sure how you sue an actor for a character created by someone else, but whatever.

[via TV Tattle]

debbie richmond

I love the show!I look forward to it, and if I somehow I miss it, I feel bad, and I hope it goes on for years to come. They have great characters, and witty writers!!!!

June 28 2006 at 11:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nick

This show has lost its way. Its more and more about sex and some pretty raunchy stuff at that. Jake goes to his first grown-up party last week and Charlie talks about giving him a pack of condoms. Angus Jones is 12 and he's grown up pretty fast, but the idea of using a 12-year-old as a source of racy material is pretty depressing. Jon Cryer's character used to be the voice of reason and lately they're using him as the focus of more suggestive jokes. Even his ex is running around in a bathrobe. This show remains in the Top 20, but where is it going? Charlie Sheen has been a bad boy for years and it doesn't slow down his career. Everybody loves him because he doesn't lie about who he is. The problem is after three seasons the writers are running out of penis jokes.

May 13 2006 at 1:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

Jeez some crazy lady thought "Wow if i jump in here with a law suit i might make a million bucks".. Thank god i dont live in the USA!! :D

April 28 2006 at 8:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Evadne

Yeah, no joke, B--and good move suing now before the divorce goes through. God love community property laws.

April 28 2006 at 7:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
B

Well, it's either beause she's crazy (She used to stalk Charlie Sheen, so that's a good bet), or it's because she figures Charlie Sheen has more cash than the producers.

April 28 2006 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Sassone

My bad. Yeah, it's actually the neighbor character she is suing about. I guess I misunderstood because I couldn't see how Sheen would be sued instead of producers and writers and show creators.

April 28 2006 at 4:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matt

I was a little curious also to see how Charlie Sheen could be sued for writing something he didn't write. This is akin to the David Letterman stalker suit: No basis but will get publicity due to its oddness.

April 28 2006 at 4:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
B

I was trying to figure out how exactly she is similar the the Charlie Sheen character (who's basically playing himself), but upon reading the article, it looks like she's claming the stalker/neighbor/ex-lover character is "based" on the plaintiff. So it's Charlie Sheen being sued by his ex-stalker. Interstingly enough, the same thing happened to Sarah McLaughlin after she wrote "Possession."

April 28 2006 at 4:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply