October 23, 2014

Andy Dick walks into a bar....

by Adam Finley, posted May 1st 2006 1:02PM
andy dickPolysexual comedian Andy Dick has, in his own manic way, become the Andy Kaufman of the new century. It's not always evident where his act ends and reality begins, and he's been known to drive his fellow actors insane by never making it exactly clear where that line is. I mention this because the gay blog Queerty has some gossip about the insane funnyman, and I'm not quite sure if it was a result of Andy just having some fun, or actually, well, living up to his last name. Apparently, Andy stopped by a gay bar while in New Orleans shooting an episode of Celebrity Poker Showdown (well, after shooting the episode, they didn't film it in a gay bar). Anyway, according to rumor, Andy ordered a drink and then walked away, claiming he didn't have to pay for it because he was a celebrity. After a heated exchange, Dick paid for his drinks, and then groped a female patron. I'd like to think it was just Andy being Andy, trying to get a rise out of the bartender while intending to pay for the drinks all along. Not paying for your drinks, especially in a city trying to get back on its feet after the Katrina disaster, seems like, in more ways than one, a dick move.

Julian Carroll

I don't know why he's acting like his last name when he's not funny and he is just barely can be considered a celebrity.

May 02 2006 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
r.r.r.

andy dick is crazy. he likes to get an reaction out of the boys, girls, anybody. not paying for your drinks though because of your celebrity staus is not cool at all...especially since he can afford to pay them. he sounds like one cocky son of a bitch. ;)

May 01 2006 at 3:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tcheese

He performed at my college a few years ago and about a week later, a student came out and said Andy Dick groped him backstage while getting ready for the show. Frankly, he creeps me out.

May 01 2006 at 2:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lav

A few days ago, Andy had a bit of a local (to me) dust-up. Unfortunately, I wasn't there, but I've heard from people who were that it was blown a bit out of proportion...

Here's the article from my local paper:

May 01 2006 at 2:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply