December 21, 2014

Seven of Nine to appear on Boston Legal's season finale

by Richard Keller, posted May 1st 2006 7:26PM

Former Seven of Nine Jeri RyanWell, not the real Seven of Nine from Star Trek: Voyager, because that would be just silly. I mean, do you know the financial costs of traveling back in time from the 24th century? They're astronomical! Plus, if she manipulates the time stream we could all be living under the iron thumb of . . . gulp . . . Canada!

No, I'm talking about Jeri Ryan, who appeared as Seven of Nine, and recently worked with David E. Kelley, creator of ABC's Boston Legal, on the FOX series Boston Public. Ryan will be appearing in the two-hour season finale of Boston Legal that will air on May 16th. She will appear as host of a fictional reality series who is charged with attempted murder after shooting at a member of the paparazzi that was stalking her.

Now, you may be asking yourself why the heck this is such big news. Well, for those who have watched the original Star Trek and its incarnations, this will be a convergence of characters that appeared on those series. In addition to Ryan's appearance as Seven of Nine on Voyager, Boston Legal star Rene Auberjonois (Paul Lewiston) appeared as Constable Odo on the syndicated Star Trek: Deep Space Nine from 1993-1999. Of course, Legal's William Shatner (Denny Crane) appeared as Captain James T. Kirk on the original 1966-1969 series as well as a number of movies.

Now, if we could only get all of the Trek captains to appear at once on Boston Legal. Well, a geek can dream.

yo

I LOVE this show.......and the balcony scenes are just wonderful im glad it will come back

May 21 2006 at 5:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dinah Khollman

Boston Legals Finale,absolutely hilarious! I can't get enough of this show!! the writers,cast,the stories are outstanding the chemistry between Denny and Alan it terrific they compliment each other...I must say Alan is so SEXY.
I am looking forward to next season's episode's you would not think of canceling this show RIGHT? I would never forgive you all,PLEASE,PLEASE,KEEP BOSTON LEGALS ON THE AIR IT IS TOTALLY THE BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION!

May 17 2006 at 2:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heather Lyons

I missed the first season - on too late for an early riser. Since I got TIVO, it's the only show I can't bear to delete. It is certainly the smartest show on television; the best part William Shatner has ever played; and I WANT Alan Shore! It is fun to watch friendship between men (same w/House), and like others, I impatiently await each episode's balcony scene. I pre-ordered the Season 1 DVD from Amazon...I understand the "fishing" episode is not to be missed.

May 07 2006 at 1:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
M.Jacobson

I can't say enough about this show. There hasn't been one episode that I haven't loved. I can't express how much pleasure this show has given me and my family. I now have all our friends hooked also. It is as funny as it is serious on many pertinent issues. The writing and the actors don't get better than this!
Thanks to all of you for a job well done.

May 05 2006 at 12:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cold Chilli

Poppy cock! thats enough jibber jabber!
Denney Crane has to be the best characture Kirk has played since.... "Invasion Iowa"
I love the balcony scenes and the reaction to diet Scotch. I wonder if there is such a thing

May 03 2006 at 3:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
B. Russell

Every character they bring to the show has made it just that much more interesting,and fun, but large in part to the excellent writers. This show is the best entertainment television has to offer, I can hardly wait until Tuesday night to see what Alan, or Denny are going to do next. Please bring them back next season!

May 02 2006 at 11:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
F Gillis

> Now, if we could only get all of the Trek captains to appear at once on Boston Legal.

You could start with Avery Brooks reprising his role as the originally-Boston-based Hawk from "Spenser: For Hire".

May 02 2006 at 10:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
J.A. McKimmy

I never miss Boston Legal! Best show on TV! Love the writers and the characters they invent and LOVE the endings on the balcony! Hate to see the season end and hope nobody is stupid enough to cancel the best thing on nighttime TV!

May 02 2006 at 12:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply