April 24, 2014

What is your favorite network?

by Anna Johns, posted May 1st 2006 9:04AM
television setThe May ratings period started last Thursday and, so far, CBS is in the lead. The network is a ratings powerhouse on Thursdays with Survivor, CSI, and Without a Trace. Numb3rs is keeping it on top on Fridays. Of course, FOX is going to take over the lead early this week with 24, American Idol, and House.

Of all the networks, I think I watch CBS the least (okay, if we're including all the networks, I watch The Home Shopping Network the least). I still find myself watching a lot of NBC (Scrubs, Earl, The Office). Because of all those years of great programming in the 1990s, I think I may subconsciously be loyal to the NBC brand.

What do you think is the best network (cable included)? Why?

Jean

My favorite Networks are TLC,STARZ,HBO,A&E and TV Land.I sometimes watch on CBS Kings of Queens and 60 min. At ABC it was My wife and kids,since it was dropped only the View,and its Good-bye to it when Star Jones leave.NBC, only the Today show and Dateline.The shows on some of these Networks just do not appeal to every viewer.

May 18 2006 at 4:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Raine

A&E all the way, baby!!! The other channels suck compared to the shows they have on A&E. I just love DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER, can't get enough of him! I also enjoy THE FIRST 48 and SWAT amoung all the other great and educational shows that they have. None of this willy whipped fluff stuff they have on the other channels. Like I said it's A&E all the way!!

May 03 2006 at 8:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kev

I'm an NBC fan, but if they don't re-new Scrubs for another season or two, then they won't be my favorite anymore.

May 03 2006 at 4:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

I don't care about any network. I have two TiVos and a cable DVR as well as BitTorrent. I don't care about schedules, lead-ins or "must see" blocks of anything. Prime time has no meaning. I watch *shows*, and I watch them on my timetable.

May 02 2006 at 12:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kurifurisan

HBO....followed by NBC, The Wb, Fox, FX, Nick, Sci-Fi, MTV2....G4 last since they stopped showing good shows....

May 01 2006 at 8:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jaymez

ABC or Discovery. ABC has the only two shows I watch reguarly (Housewives, Grey's). Discovery is the channel I turn to whenever I can't find anything else. I can't get enough Extreme Engineering or The Deadliest Catch. The History Channel is a close second. Anything to avoid a Sitcom.

I refuse to watch anything, other than the Simpsons, on Fox. If I want to catch House, it's reruns on USA.

I have no idea what NBC shows I watch.

May 01 2006 at 7:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Az

FOX fan! I baisically only watch American Idol, Prison Break, 24 and House

May 01 2006 at 7:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

I too am an NBC fan. Prison Break (FOX) Monday, American Idol (this season only) (FOX) Tuesday, Lost (ABC) Wednesday, Numb3rs (CBS) Friday, Extreme Home Makeover & Desperate Housewives (ABC) Sunday are the only times i take it off NBC.

I'm glad to see there's another ER & Crossing Jordan fan out there.

May 01 2006 at 4:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Allen

I also wanted to mention that I watch a lot of TV Land. I like the classic shows it airs, and also some of the originals, like the TV Land Awards and some behind the scenes type shows.

May 01 2006 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Allen

The one that I watch the most is the WB. Unfortunately, two of the three shows I watch on that network are going off the air. One is 7th Heaven, the other is Charmed. The surviving show is Smallville (I am a big Superman and Batman fan and feel that this is one of the best Superman related shows ever). I am also a fan of the Simpsons on Fox which seems like it will be on forever.

May 01 2006 at 3:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply