October 31, 2014

Commander-In-Chief could be a goner

by Bob Sassone, posted May 3rd 2006 11:45AM
Commander-In-ChiefThings don't look good for Geena Davis' show.

ABC is pulling the show for May sweeps, and when a network does that it's never a good sign. On top of that, they haven't announced when the show will return to the schedule.

For now, Primetime will take the show's place. Oh well. If they don't show the rest of the episodes they'll probably be on the first season DVD set.

paul stillwell

This was a very good show, my wife and I really enjoyed it. I really think that it was messed with so much because the party in power did not want people to think a woman could do a good job as the commander in chief.

June 28 2006 at 9:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DJustice

This is a very good/clean/family show that also teaches some history and how the gov't works. I hope this show returns. Maybe ABC can get eveyone working together next seasons

June 19 2006 at 5:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy Masterson

Last night's episode showed how the President's daughter was receiving email from someone that she did not know and was planning a meeting with him behind her mother's back (how true to life is that?). The show has many good qualities about it and I hope that they reconsider and do not take it off the air.

June 15 2006 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cheryl

Can't believe that ABC is not going to keep Commander In Chief on for its fall tv viewing. One of the best shows on tv today. Everyone I have spoken with also love the show and are dissapointed with ABC. Hope the network will reconsider, and give this show a chance.

June 09 2006 at 7:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jami

I love Commander and Chief and Geena Davis does a great job. This has been my and my husbands favorite tv show. What can we do to keep it on the air? I want to keep this show! It is truely an amazing depiction of what it would/could be.

June 01 2006 at 12:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

ABC messed around with Commander In Chief and broke the flow. I can't get interested in it again. It never got a chance to rise to the West Wing. Instead it got bogged down in stories about her snotty kids and other family garbage. It convinced me that if a woman does ever run for President/Vice-President that her family baggage is real and needs to be part of the equation. I liked Geena Davis and Polly Bergen. The rest of her "family" could be stood in front of a firing squad.

May 16 2006 at 1:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sylvia Beucher

I am so disappointed they are cancelling Commander. I would have thought that with the end of West Wing, those fans would have turned to Commander. There are too many crime dramas, it seem like every time you change the channel, it's Law and Order, or CSI this, and CSI that, and so many more. Gone are the days when a season began and finished, without interruption, no on for two episodes then off for five, oh let's change the time and really get the viewers going. Or has it become political, like Book of Danial. They have taken our phone records, are they now controlling what we watch? Are they afraid Commander will influence too many voters to vote for a female president? They cancelled Book of Danial due to contraversial story lines, of which all the exact same story lines are what make Desperate Housewives so popular. I think Commander was a refreshing change to all the other repetative shows.

May 16 2006 at 10:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
debbie daugherty

Please leave Commander and Chief on the air!!! I love that show! It hasnt gotten ratings because the network has jerked it all over the place, taking it off for the olympics, and everything else! Half the time when its listed as being on, it isnt-so what do they expect??? GIVE IT A CHANCE!!!!!!

May 16 2006 at 6:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sylvia

On ABC's website they have now posted that Commander is Back! And to watch it's premiere in it's new day and time, Wednesdays at 10 PM, starting May 31st. I pray and hope that it is in its new permanent time slot for this GREAT show! ABC, thank you and PLEASE keep it for the fall!!!

May 13 2006 at 1:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lewis hatchell

My thoughts on how to solve the problem is to get rid of the people that do the schedules for the show.I finally found two shows that were on the air back to back that I really enjoyed and then they take one off for there specials and then change to a different nite.
commander in chief is one of the best shows I have seen in the last 40 years.

May 10 2006 at 8:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply