September 20, 2014

The fans want their Scrubs for next season

by Richard Keller, posted May 3rd 2006 5:43PM

Fans want their Scrubs back for next yearIt's that time of year again, folks! Yep, some of your favorite shows are on the cancellation bubble and you can vote on which ones you'd like to see next fall and ones that should go far, far away. It's an annual tradition that sometimes predicts what shows will be renewed and which shows won't. So far you want your Scrubs.

In fact, according to the ninth annual USA Today 'Save Our Shows' survey (say that five times fast) a whopping 61 percent of you would like to see the NBC comedy renewed for a sixth season. Only fourteen percent of you want to see the show die a quick death. Scrubs is a good bet to be renewed for the fall, as long as the network is willing to pony up the increased dough to the show's production company,  Touchstone Television. If NBC doesn't renew the program there is an equally good chance that Touchstone's sibling ABC (both are owned by Disney) would pick up the show.

Six more shows on the USA Today survey have more supporters than detractors: Veronica Mars (UPN), Commander in Chief (ABC), Everwood (WB), Invasion (ABC), Reba (WB) and The King of Queens (CBS). After ABC shelved Commander in Chief this week, there is a good chance that it will not be renewed; Kevin James, the star of The King of Queens, wants a bigger paycheck for the new season; and Veronica Mars and Reba are vying for spots on the new CW network, which will be a combination of the WB and UPN.

What shows have the least amount of supporters? FOX's one-camera comedies The Loop and Free Ride and UPN's Half and Half  and One on One.

CHRISTIAN

"Scrubs" is the best show on TV, followed By Sopranos, Lost and Doctor WHo ;-)

TV doesn't get too much better than "Scrubs", may it last another season or 2 please.

May 06 2006 at 7:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce Loch

Invasion has really got a hold on me! Great show, great cast. By far the best Sci-Fi show on T.V. Please don't let this show go!

May 05 2006 at 9:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Anderson

Why the hell isn't The War at Home on that list? It NEEDS to be killed STAT!

May 04 2006 at 7:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gloria

Scrubs is great, I DVR it everyweek and love to relax and have a laugh when I have some me time.
Bosten Legal is great, The writter for this show is brilliant. I only think they need to do a littl more with Allens character. But him and Denny are my favorit along with Candise Burgman.

May 04 2006 at 3:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karla

Grey's Anatomy and Scrubs
We need this humor and comedic drama. Love to laugh out loud.

May 04 2006 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sylvia Raber

Please continue "Commander in Chief" and "Boston Legal"for next year. These are my favorites.

May 04 2006 at 2:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tink

Oh my God, American Idol is just mind-numbing drivel. I don't see how anyone can watch that crap

May 04 2006 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michelle Lane

I really hope that Everwood is renewed for another season. Although it's lost a bit of it's "clean-cut" image, I think the actors are wonderful and the show always ends with a moral. Save Everwood!!

May 04 2006 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alan "AJ"

The show that I feel that should be saved is Commander In Chief, but that is totally in the hands of the powers that be at ABC. To my mind they've not shown a great deal of tolerance to the program at all. Possibly because of all the behind the scenes politics that went on this may have been a way for ABC to get back at the writers. Considering the upheaval that went on it's not surprising however that they might consider dropping the program from their schedule. I don't believe that the program's problem lies with the writers, but with ABC's own ineptitude. It may well find its way onto the schedule of one of the other networks. We all remember what happened with "JAG" which was so ignominiously dropped by NBC but later found life on CBS's schedule , where it became a ratings stalwart for a number of years.

May 04 2006 at 1:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DIANA HIGHTOWER

BOSTON LEGAL IS THE MOST ENTERTAINING AND WELL WRITTEN AND PERFORMED PROGRAM ON LOCAL TV. SECOND TO THAT I WOULD SAY "HOUSE" IS A PARTICULARLY WELL WRITTEN SHOW, IF HE DID'NT HAVE TO KILL YOU TO CURE YOU. ON CABLE I THINK THE BEST PROGRAMS ARE THE SOPRANOS, HUFF AND I THINK BIG LOVE IS HILARIOUS. THIEF WAS AN INTERESTING SHOW

May 04 2006 at 1:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply