September 18, 2014

Here is your chance to save Charmed

by Richard Keller, posted May 4th 2006 8:11AM

The Halliwell sisters of CharmedAs I mentioned in a previous post back at the beginning of April, the WB's Charmed is ending its eight-season run in a few weeks and a few of its cast members, Holly Marie Combs and Rose McGowan, to give examples, are not happy at all about the way the network treated them. They say that, even if the show went on for a ninth season aboard the new CW network, they would not renew their contracts.

Despite this news, the support for the show has been pretty overwhelming. From the comments made on the post, there are still many passionate fans of the show who would like to see it continue. This got me to thinking, which is always a bad sign.. there must be a place on the Internet where fans of the show can go to and show their support. Well, after a lengthy Internet search (OK, it was five seconds after I entered 'Save Charmed' in Google) I may have found such an outlet.

The Petition Spot web site currently has a ongoing petition to save Charmed from the cancellation axe. At this moment, there are nearly 1400 signatures on the list. The goal listed is 5,000 signatures. Once they reach that goal, they will present the petition to Warner Brothers, the company that distributes Charmed. So, all of you fans who sent comments to my previous post, get started on that petition!

STEPHANIE

I WOULD LOVE THE IDEA OF A SPINOFF WITH CHRIS AND WYATT IT BUT 'THE CHARMED SONS'-THE NAME NEEDS TO BE BETTER.

July 28 2006 at 3:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
destiny

i really love the show and i really want it to continue the show was just geting good too why stop now the show must go on. this show is one of the shows i watch to let my mind go wild. i think that charmed should at least have about 10 more seasons.

June 19 2006 at 8:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mona

I wish that Charmed wasn't leaving WB, but I understand since WB don't know how to treat "The Charmed Ones". I just wanted you to know that I have watched every episode and the re-runs of this show. I am 26 years old,a wife and mother of three and this show allows me to escape for an hour, into three other womens lives that is more complicated than mine. I wish the show would of ended better, not with two of the sisters dead, but with Phoebe having her little girl and Paige having a child or something.

June 15 2006 at 5:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sam

all good thing must come to an end there a million different reson to keep it on but 8 YEARS HE IS QUITE ENOUGH,WOULD ANYBODE WANT TO WORK THE SAME JOB FOR 8 YEARS BORING!!!!!!!!!1NICE JOB LADIES

May 19 2006 at 2:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

Check out the campaign to get a spin off of Charmed: http://www.thecharmedsons.com and http://forums.thecharmedsons.com

May 17 2006 at 12:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

There is a very strong campaign going on right now to get a Charmed spin off with Drew Fuller and Wes Ramsey as Chris and Wyatt. Check it out at http://www.thecharmedsons.com and http://forums.thecharmedsons.com. We have a dvd and postcard campaign as well as a magazine article contest in which DVDs of Wes and Drew's movies or Charmed dvds can be won, as well as an autographed photo of Wes, copies of the series finale script and t-shirts. Check it out.

May 17 2006 at 12:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marion Emery

I am 66 years old and I have never missed an episode of CHARMED since the beginning I love the show and it is the only WB show I watch other then REBA. It is a shame the WB has such bad taste. Will be sorry to see CHARMED go. To bad THE WB big deals don't treat their people better.

May 16 2006 at 8:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kim

well what can i say i have watched charmed from the very begining n now it's about to end. i really can't believe it.I really don't want it to end. it has been the best part of my thursday nights for several years. I just read on another site an interview with holly combs n she said that while ever the fans wanted it then they would be more than happy to continue. so just to say WE WANT IT TO CONTINUE!!!!!!!! it makes a nice change to see women kicking ass!! Dont ya think????

May 15 2006 at 7:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael

I think that the show has been great and why stop a great thing?!!!!!I have watched it from season one till now and wish it could continue for another season at least. And for everyone that wants it to end, everyone has their own opinon.

May 08 2006 at 2:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nicole

I really love the show,i hate to see it go off the air,but all good things must end.I would like to see them in more movies.

May 08 2006 at 2:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply