October 24, 2014

Teardrops fall on House and Prison Break

by Adam Finley, posted May 5th 2006 1:04PM
HouseIf you're a fan of both House and Prison Break, you might have noticed something during the final scene of Prison Break on Monday night. It seems they used the song "Teardrop" by Massive Attack over a montage. That's really no big deal, but "Teardrop" just also happens to be the opening theme to House. FOX claims that using the same song on two if its programs was merely a coincidence, and that the music supervisor had no idea it was the theme to House, as well. Frankly, I think the people who work on FOX's programs are just getting lazy. I swear I was watching The War at Home the other night and during one touching scene they actually played the theme from The Facts of Life. Actually, I'm kidding, I would never watch The War at Home.

mary

ok what's with the songs "studying politics"(by the emrey)and "comming undone" (by korn) used in the commercials for prison break?! don't you think that the person or people who pick the music at the network's prodution company, should've thought of a better selections of songs to use like staind's "falling" in place of the aforementioned,for one of their prison break promos, or for that one episode instead of "teardrop"? BTW "go" happens to be the title of a pearl jam song....lol!

June 08 2006 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Discosis

Last week Alias and Invasion both used Riders On The Storm on the same night, too.

May 06 2006 at 12:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TVsMatt

When "Mezzanine" by Massive Attack came out, this song was used in many programs here and in the UK. I seriously doubt people at Prison Break would've used the track if they knew it was being used in House as that would spark conversations like this. But how would I know. Maybe they really liked the track and didnt care.

.mf.

May 05 2006 at 9:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bebop

check it

There's an Eric Foreman on the 70's show
There's an Eric Foreman on house

coincidence

May 05 2006 at 7:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jon Crawford

I'm glad someone else noticed this. And I am really surprised it made it's way into a fully dedicated post. I wonder why that song is just not taking off. I had that CD in high shool in like 1998 or something. That Massive Attack is actually the the background music for the theme of my Podcast.

My opinion is that SOMEONE that works on Prison Break has to have seen House before. How could no one know it's the theme for another FOX show?

May 05 2006 at 5:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mo

I didn't note the connection. Doesn't bother me. As long as another show doesn't use a song that was specifically written for a certain TV show, I'm fine.

Besides, I was more interested in the montage then what music they were playing, but it did fit nicely. At least both shows are on Fox.

May 05 2006 at 3:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jake

Okay... I am a lazy reader. Thank goodness you would never watch that crap. Other than 24 and House and maybe Prison Break Fox is worthless.

May 05 2006 at 1:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Evadne

I think probably someone over at Prison Break has seen "House" before and knew it was the theme song. I wouldn't be surprised if Massive Attack's label was pushing the song and trying to get it as many places as possible.

You know what's everywhere? "Hallelujah," usually the Jeff Buckley version. It's a great song and all, but it's like the music editor says, "I don't care what's going on during the actual show--we want to make people broody and sad. I know! 'Hallelujah'!"

May 05 2006 at 1:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jake

The fact that you were watching the War at Home is disturbing by itself.

May 05 2006 at 1:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
khamel

was anyone else surprised by the jack bauer reference in house this week? my roommate and i got into a conversation of which world house lives in; our world where he watches 24 as well or a fox world where he doesn't interact with other fox shows. because what happens when kim guest stars as a soccer mom with a tumor in your left buttocks that is giving her vasculitus and causing her tnfa to drop.

May 05 2006 at 1:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply