October 21, 2014

A final slap in the face to the West Wing, or something else?

by Bob Sassone, posted May 8th 2006 12:29PM
West WingAaron Barnhart over at TV Barn wonders why NBC isn't showing the West Wing retrospective this Sunday (as you've probably heard, they're running the pilot episode instead). Barnhart is trying to find out from someone at NBC what happened to the one hour special, but they haven't called him back yet.

He does, however, think it's one final slap in the face to the show and to the fans that made it a hit.

Brian

Unfortunately I doubt it will ever make it to another network. Even if another one wanted it, the cast is splintered now into 17 1/2 different directions, with new shows and movies to make.

May 09 2006 at 3:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
le Sheppard

Thursday, May 11
"THE WEST WING" CAST
Ellen has the exclusive farewell interview with the entire cast of "THE WEST WING," including MARTIN SHEEN, ALLISON JANNEY, BRADFORD WHITFORD, RICHARD SCHIFF, JIMMY SMITS, JANEL MOLONEY, KRISTIN CHENOWETH and DULE HILL.
Ellen and the cast celebrate with a special season finale send-off party! The cast shares special moments and highlights from the past nine seasons.

May 09 2006 at 3:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan J

Is there any hope that this switching of episodes might mean a chance that the series is being moved to another network? And just to add a new idea, how about a spin-off for Danny and CJ? Would be interesting to watch CJ if she goes for the job where she can pick her cause and fight for it.

May 09 2006 at 3:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

Yeah, NBC has made my list on this one. I'd boycott them if I could, but unfortunately I'm stuck with them for one more episode.

If only they didn't have My Name is Earl and The Office...

May 08 2006 at 5:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lazarus

And I just assumed that the geniuses at NBC were too busy working on that oh-so-important, 3 hour WILL & GRACE retrospective to put together a clip reel for us. The 7:00 PM start time for the Season Finale 'event' is a huge insult. And what's following TWW next weekend? Back-to-back L&O:CI. Grr.

May 08 2006 at 1:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matt

I'm going to give NBC the benefit of the doubt and guess there were too many scheduling conflicts with the main cast, so they had to drop it. I would've liked to have seen the retrospective though and will be pissed if they dropped it because of money concerns.

May 08 2006 at 1:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy

I admit, I am ticked off that we aren't getting a retrospective. I would rather remember the whole series and not just the first episode. Plus it's at 7 pm, not even during primetime. I say they are being lazy and cheap and just not respecting the show.

May 08 2006 at 12:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply