August 20, 2014

The CW considers ditching Reba

by Anna Johns, posted May 8th 2006 11:04AM
reba; the cwThe CW is reportedly considering taking a hefty financial loss in order to push Reba off its schedule. Reba is currently in a two-year deal with WB, which will cease to exist this fall and be replaced by The CW. The new network apparently doesn't think 51-year-old country star Reba McEntire fits in with the hip image it's trying to portray, but getting rid of the show before its contract is up will cost a lot of money. $20 million to be exact. According to Broadcasting & Cable, it's a smart move to get rid of Reba to look cool to the target demographic of young kids.

Does anybody out there watch Reba? It looks like wholesome fun. We can't have any of that!

CARLA

How could you even think of letting Reba go, are you crazy? You don't know comedy if you take this show off the air, and one more thing, I'll no longer watch your network if you get rid of that show!!!!!!!!

August 03 2006 at 3:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jocelyn

Oh my gosh.... ditchin' Reba would be the worst mistake ever in television history. It's the best comedy to hit tv in such a long time. Reba is loveable, and funny and just a pleasure to watch. If this show was to get cancelled before it's time.. I would NEVER watch the CW... EVER!!! It's the only show on there worth watchin'. So, please... please let us keep Reba!!!!

July 22 2006 at 8:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Davion

I'm 17 and Reba is my favorite show thats on tv! It's a very funny show that doesn't get the credit it deserves, and yes there are alot of people that watch it including younger people like me.

May 20 2006 at 6:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SHARON DEVINE

I LOVE REBA! I HAVE BEE A REBA MCENTIRE FAN SINCE I WAS 8 YEARS OLD(I AM NOW 30). SHE HAS PROVEN SHE IS THE BEST FEMALE COUNTRY SINGER OF ALL TIME. SHE IS ALSO A GREAT ACTRESS. THE CAST OF THIS SHOW ALL HAVE SUCH GREAT CHEMISTRY AND WORK WELL TOGETHER. IT WOULD BE A GREAT LOSS FOR TELEVISION IF THEY TOOK THIS SHOW OFF THE AIR. THIS IS THE ONLY SHOW ON TV THAT I LOOK FORWARD TO WATCHING EVERY WEEK. I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THEY CAN CANCEL THE HIGHEST RATED COMEDY ON THE WB, MAYBE IF THEY STOP CANCELLING ALL THE GOOD SHOWS PEOPLE WILL WATCH MORE TV.

May 20 2006 at 10:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rebecca

Reba Is The Best! Her show is a wonderful family show and I hope it stays around... I personally think if you can't say anything nice about REBA then you should keep yor mouth shut!

May 19 2006 at 1:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rebasnumber1fan

Reba is awesome!! I am so glad they are bringin it back!! Tv sucks nowadays and it would be stupid to take away the last good show on tv!!!
REBA RULES!!!

May 19 2006 at 11:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Faith Voight

"Reba' is the only show our family can watch together anymore, it's wholesome and funny at the same time, wich is very rare for any TV show these days. Barbra Jean, Reba and Van are the funniest!

May 19 2006 at 10:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michelle

I LOVE REBA!!! IT IS THE BEST COMEDY ON TV, NOBODY ELSE CAN MATCH THIS SHOWS WIT, CHARM, AND SLIGHT SOPHISTICATION!!! THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT WATCH THE SHOW THAT ARE YOUNG, I AM 18 AND WATCH THE SHOW EVERY NIGHT!!! THEY CAN TRY TO PUT IT SOME NIGHT AND TIME THAT NOBODY WILL WATCH IT ON, BUT I WILL WATCH IT AND KEEP WATCHING IT TO THE VERY END!!!

May 19 2006 at 10:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anna

I have watched "Reba" off and on since it started. At first i didn't know what to think of it, I thought the story line was kinda of weird, and that there was no way they could make it funny. But i was surprised, Some how they make it work, and make it family appropriate (don't ask me how). Sometimes you wonder how things are going to turn out, but in the end they always do the right thing, and it has actually taught me a lot. Yes, Reba says bad stuff about Brock, but lets face it, usually it's pretty funny! and Reba's not the only one, everyone blames all their problems on him, because lets face it, it's pretty easy to do. It's a show that the whole family can watch together and enjoy, if CW decides to cancel it they will lose a lot of viewers, I have no interest in any of the other shows that they have to offer. "Reba" is the only show I watch anymore, you always get a good laugh, and you come out of it thinking "my family isn't so weird after all". MY 4 year old nephews watches it, my 70 year old Grandma watches, my parents and most of my siblings watch it, it appeals to all ages, to matter what the CW says! And i like the theam song, it's catchy and cool! Even though half the people i know think it's "my lips are planted in the past" lol. Barbra Jean and Reba are the funniest for sure!

May 19 2006 at 10:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff Stalnaker

My sister and I both are fans of Reba and her TV show.
All of the cast members are talented and funny. To be honest, "Reba" is the only show that either of us watch on WB. Why does CW not just let "Reba" stay on for another year, and then make a decision about the show?

May 17 2006 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply