July 25, 2014

7th Heaven is more unrealistic than 24

by Bob Sassone, posted May 9th 2006 5:42PM
So let me get this straight: not only did Lucy announce last night that she and her husband were going to have twins, her sister Mary came back and announced she and her husband were going to have twins? And also brother Matt came back and announced his wife was pregnant with twins too? And they're parents had twins?

Oh, come on!

I know that twins run in families, but this was, like, nutso. Have they been going through some weird scientific experiments or something? It was as if the writers said, "you know, a happy ending to the show isn't enough, let's make it a double happy ending!"

Lori West

I have to admit, I watched the show only b/c it sucks you in like a lifetime movie. I do have some thoughts on the finale, though. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it had a bizarre ending. I also thought everyone having twins was cheesy and unrealistic. I can't believe they didn't show the wedding not happening and they left the question unanswered about Simon having a son.

May 16 2006 at 8:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shaun

i dont know exactly if i would classify it as a weird show as i would a very dumb show with retarded dialogue and the religious overtones were enough to make me wanna smash my tv. "forced" to watch this garbage per g/f's request. hopefully this will be it and i hope to GOD that the tv execs will decide to remove the whole cw or whatever the useless network is called. talk about shit tv programming. good riddence 7th heaven

May 16 2006 at 7:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sarah

7TH HEAVEN ROCKS NO MATTER WHAT ANY OF YOU SAY---It is a good show for kids and adults of all ages. There's a lot of meaning to the character's and familie's around the world have watched if for 10 years. Just so you know, it's not possible for Matt and Sarah to have twins because it's the maternal side that gives off the twin genes, but Mary and Lucy were good to go. Besides that short-coming, the last episode was a decent one. Mind you a few stupid parts, but I still love all the characters and hope for an 11th season, 7th heaven cast if you are reading this---ONE MORE SEASON PLEASE;)

May 13 2006 at 1:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heather

Thank for somebody saying it. I think it was one of the worst series finale in history. It makes parts of the last season a waste of time. I mean Simon being the father . . HELLO what about the other guy and his season long torture was for nothing!! Ruthie could have had her guy. tsk tsk. what a shame the show did not wrap that up well. And it just seems like they paid jessica beil a whole lot of money to be there. If she thought her character as dumb before and wonder what she think of it now. Well so long 7th Heaven its wierd but i will miss the show. The upside is now it won't conflict with Prison Break on Monday nights for me.

May 12 2006 at 10:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Calli

It's such a wonderfully horrible show! It was like a weekly train wreck, you just couldn't turn away, and it would get worse and worse.

The finale was such an explosion of bad. The multiple twins, the possible Simon baby, abd Mary getting back together with her husband and somehow managing to graduate from college when she wasn't even in school 2 years ago... mwah! So perfectly horrible and surreal.

May 10 2006 at 8:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jgreene

what a weird ass show, i used to watch all the time but i stoped in around '99 i now see why. i think im more upset with myself for watching the whole hour then i am at the wb for airing it.

May 09 2006 at 7:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin

Ok your title says "7th Heaven is more unrealistic than 24" I know 7th Heaven is lame I used to watch it when it was somewhat normal now to drag 24 into this you should be slapped

May 09 2006 at 7:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian Vermette

I agree, the finale was a little weird, so Simon is still single and maybe a father, Lucy will have 3 kids, Matt will have twins, Mary will have 3 kids as well. What a weird ending, I don't know about that, there was so many unanswered questions and its the final 7th Heaven on the WB monday....

I believe there will be something next season, either a 1 or 2 hour special, movie, or small series.

What's Next?

May 09 2006 at 6:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

I couldn't think of a more fitting weird-ass ending to the ultimate weird-ass show. The three sets of twins...that was creepy. The complete refusal to show how the wedding got called off...creepier. Sandy's arrival at the very end, carrying baby and with something important to say to Simon that never got said...creepiest of all. And I can't believe Jessica Biel had the grace to appear on the final episode, given the smack they've been talking about her character for the past two years.

Man, I will so not miss that show. If TWoP's snark hadn't got me hooked on it, my life would have been so much fuller these past few years.

What an unbelievable piece of crap.

May 09 2006 at 6:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Coronaboy

I thought that was kinda lame doing 3 pairs of twins on the way. Then you have Sandy telling Simon she needs to talk to him, my guess is that she had a test done and the baby is actually his and not Martin's. I wasn't too thrilled with the way they tossed the finale together, it almost makes you wonder if it's really even gone. Rumors keep flying that it's done, it's not, and so on. I guess we'll see when CW release the schedule later this month.

May 09 2006 at 6:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply