November 22, 2014

Gameshow Marathon coming to CBS

by Adam Finley, posted May 9th 2006 5:15PM
press your luckRicki Lake will be returning to television on May 31 to host a new CBS summer series called Gameshow Marathon. The series, which airs at 8 p.m., will pit celebrities such as Tim Meadows, Lance Bangs, and Kathy Najimy against one another in recreations of classic games such as Press Your Luck and Let's Make A Deal. One celebrity will be eliminated during each episode. Speaking of Press Your Luck, I had a teacher in high school who used to tell us not to "press our luck" all the time, so naturally a friend and I drew "Whammies" and displayed them on our desks whenever she said it. This is not a good way to learn, that's what I'm saying.

whitewinters777

the best game shows are who wants to be a millionaire and wheel of fortune

June 29 2011 at 3:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alex Davis

I actually worked on the show. I worked on the prize slide graphics on Press Your Luck. Trust me, everything is incredibly retro and amazing. The PYL set is an exact replica of the old one with a little streak of red neon around the logo. You all will be very happy.

May 10 2006 at 10:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kevin

Celbrities + Gameshows = Disaster

Feh, I'll stick to the repeats of the REAL things on GSN.

May 09 2006 at 9:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rjlawrencejr

This show sounds awesome. I cannot wait to tune in. I really dig the idea of recreating the original sets! It's really too bad the networks relinquished time back to the affilliates. Oh for the heady days of the 1970s and early 80s when games shows dominated daytime.

Summers off from school meant I could watch shows such as:

Match Game
TPIR
Scrabble
Password (+ and Super)
Sale of the Century

I can't wait to see how this show will be executed.

May 09 2006 at 6:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ed smitthy

7 "classic" games are coming back... Beat the Clock...Price Is Right...Card Sharks...Press Your Luck...Family Fued...Let's Make A Deal AND my favorite MATCH GAME...www.Buzzerblog.com has more info. If you want to bring them back perm...they have the information on who to write or e-mail etc..I love games...No more reality shows please!!!! They are re-creating the orginal sets etc to give them the feel of the ole time shows...I can't wait...Get ready to match the stars..........

May 09 2006 at 5:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Simplex

I always enjoy the story of the guy who beat the old Press Your Luck show.

May 09 2006 at 5:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply