July 30, 2014

Remember that 7th Heaven series finale? Nevermind.

by Anna Johns, posted May 12th 2006 8:40PM
7th heaven castWhat is the deal with all the on-again, off-again news about 7th Heaven? I'm really sick of the show and I don't even watch it! The latest, coming from Mediaweek, is that The CW has ordered up 13 episodes of an 11th season of 7th Heaven (which Bob says had a crappy finale earlier this week). We'll know for sure on Thursday when The CW announces its fall schedule. As of now, The CW is refusing to comment.

In case you're keeping track, last November WB announced this was the final season of 7th Heaven. The cast even had a big series wrap party after shooting the last episode. But, now that WB and UPN are no more, The CW reportedly wants WB's highest-rated show on its network. It makes sense. But, why all the back and forth about whether the show is over?

[Grazie, Vito]

GRETA MUNCEY

I AM SO HAPPY THAT 7TH HEAVEN IS COMING BACK! IT IS THE BEST SHOW ON TV AND I HOPE IT STAYS ON FOR YEARS. THERE IS TO MUCH VIOLENCE ON TV AND 7TH HEAVEN IS A GOD SENT! THE CAST ARE ALL WONDERFUL-LOVE THEM ALL. YOU MADE MY DAY WHEN I READ THAT IT WAS RETURNING. GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!

June 03 2006 at 2:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
missy

Hello!! I really like this show. I didn't really watch the first like 4 seasons. but ever since i started watching it i love it. I think that it is awesome that is coming back. I have nothing to do on Monday nites anymore.

May 29 2006 at 9:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angie Hoskins

I am so glad that 7th Heaven is not over. After the last episode,(that I thought was the end)I wanted to see what else was going to happen. I felt that everything was just left hanging and that could not have been the end! I am so glad that I will be able to see more!

May 18 2006 at 7:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danielle

I loved the show for about 6 years then kinda backed away from it a bit. I did watch the final and i would love to see all of the them have the babies. I admit that I cried at the end. I guess cause the show has been on since i remember its to me i would hate not having it there.

May 15 2006 at 11:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Calli

I love the show because it's SO bad, there's no way you can't enhoy it. The dialog is horrible (sometimes painfully so), and they always just magically guess what other family members are thinking/feeling/doing. Jas anyone noticed how the show has been obsessed with sex for the last two years?

And they're marrying those kids off so young that if they do have another season, I expect that 17-year-old Ruthie will get married off for the next series finale.

May 14 2006 at 6:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kris

hello ! this show is full of right wing prpaganda

May 13 2006 at 2:47 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Kris

I hate how Gilmore girls and everwood aren't touted as good shows. yES, THE lORALEI / Luke thing is getting old, but it has been excellant for many years. They better not get rid of everwood, Everwood is sometimes hard to watch but sometimes very cozy.

May 13 2006 at 2:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alison

If you don't watch the show, then why do you care if it comes back? Obviously lots of people watch it--that would be why (if) they're bringing it back. And if you're watching it just to say how much you hate it, well you're still watching it aren't you?

May 13 2006 at 2:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

I'm with you, Kris. The values on that show are so morally bankrupt as to be close to criminal.

I can't can't CAN'T believe that after being promised a permanent reprieve from the horror of that show, it's going to come back and haunt us like the bad penny it is. This is practially on a par with the Supreme Court handing Bush Al Gore's presidency.

If the CW gives up Veronica Mars to make room for this godawful swill...well, let's just say that I won't be watching the CW--ever.

May 13 2006 at 1:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Maggi Pinto

No wonder the people of today are so screwed up they can't appreciate a good clean show. I for one do n't care for all the swearing, drugs and killing shows that our kids are watching. That is why we have so much sorrow in our lives and I blame it on the parents'.Wake up America and start living clean lives.

May 13 2006 at 8:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply