November 27, 2014

Invasion going to the CW?

by Bob Sassone, posted May 14th 2006 9:50AM
Invasion There's been no official word yet (ABC unveils its new fall schedule this Tuesday), but SyFy Portal is reporting that they have heard from inside sources that Invasion will not be renewed by ABC and that the new CW network might be interested in picking it up. I wonder if this would have any effect on Supernatrual or Smallville. Nah, I'm sure there's more than enough room on the network for all three.

Whatever happens, if it turns out that Invasion sticks around for another year and Surface doesn't, I'll be pissed.

Ralph and Darlene DeFilippis

We can not understand why you are canceling
INVASION ! The story line is incredibly relevant for today's times (or is that it?)
and causes one to think about all sides and all possibilities! I will tell you this... my wife Darlene is "non-plussed" by all TV in general, but she would not miss an episode of Invasion ... what does that tell you about reaching the edges of a TV udience ?! Re-Think what you are doing here !

June 14 2006 at 10:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deb Walsh

I hope a station does pick up Invasion. It would be dissapointing and a waste of storyline and actors if it "goes down the tube." It's nice to see a show without scenes of sex, blood & guts and crude language. Good luck Invasion!

June 01 2006 at 12:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Terese Simeone

I am very upset by the cancelation of Invasion. I agree with another writer above. I don't know what ABC will put in its place but I won't be watching. I do hope the CW picks up the show.

May 22 2006 at 2:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melinda Diamond

I hope they bring invasion to the CW. It was just starting to get really good. It seems most networks only choose from a small pool of shows. They are either about doctors, lawyers, police or reality. It was so refreshing to watch something else that was different. It kept you guessing and it was a huge disappointment to have it canceled just when the characters were really taking shape. I don't know what they will put on in it's place, but I won't be tuning in.

May 19 2006 at 12:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave Mueller

Invasion is a truly great show. Surface was just an entertaining show, in a "are they serious?" kind of way.

Nim was the only really compelling character on Surface - Invasion has truly superb character development.

E-mail the President of the new CW Network (dawn_ostroff@upn.com) to try to get them to pick up Invasion.

I miss Surface, but I can't see anyone (except maybe Sci-Fi Network) picking up such a cheesy show.

May 17 2006 at 11:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
April

Both Invasion And Surface are great shows. I never had trouble being "bored" or confused w/ either ones. I'm very upset that they are both being cancelled.

May 16 2006 at 11:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marsha

I think that the SciFi Network should pick up all three shows... Surface, Invasion, and Supernatural. I believe there is an audience out there for them.
We've been bombarded with "REALITY TV" in my opinion. I personally wouldn't cry one tear if I never saw another "REALITY SHOW" in my whole life. I'm also getting weary of Dramas such as police dramas and medical dramas. Life is too short for that crap. I would rather watch something that is so different it holds my interest every week. Examples: Farscape, Serenity, Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica, The 4400, and The Dead Zone. I didn't plan to become a SCI-FI person. It happened after hours of mindless dribble on the major networks. As far as I'm concerned I can avoid the major networks and just watch the Sci-Fi channel and of-course USA because two of the shows mentioned are on that channel.

May 16 2006 at 11:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cheri Douglass

I'm very sad that you are taking Surface and Invasion off the air I never missed a show. I wish you would rethink your decision, The way that surfaced ended I couldn't wait to see what happened next. I'm so tired of the same old thing and these two shows really left you thinking of new things. I can't beleave that the rating were that bad. The way that the network worked this year most likly hurt the shows. I think that the way that the show would not air every week hurt them the most.

May 16 2006 at 10:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stephen Waits

I like Invasion because it has that X-Files feel, yet it has (mostly) stayed on track. Whereas, after 10 or whatever seasons of X-Files we knew little more than we learned from the Pilot.

Surface, started out crap, and just about when I was ready to tune it out it started getting decent. Still, I much prefer Invasion.

May 15 2006 at 11:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Man

I agree with everyone Surface is a great show and Troy Grey's Anatomy is a great show.

But Invasion is god awful. The show is a streched out version Invasion of Body Snatchers. They did the whole mutated-half-formed-alien thing, the army thing and we know how it ended, the aliens win.

Invasion is predictable and the only reason people like it is because the budget is big. Once it moves to CW they will kill the budget and the show will fail.

May 14 2006 at 4:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply