April 24, 2014

Conviction, Teachers, Invasion, Freddie, Hope & Faith -- CANCELED

by Anna Johns, posted May 15th 2006 8:02AM
convictionAhead of today's Upfronts, The Futon Critic is reporting that NBC is not renewing Conviction or Teachers for the fall. Neither of these cancelations comes as a surprise, really. The storytelling style on Conviction was so complicated that it was virtually impossible to feel anything for any of the characters (although, I'm going to miss Julianne Nicholson and Eric Balfour). And, Teachers? Why was that even on television?

Also, ABC had reportedly decided not to renew Invasion, Freddie and Hope & Faith. Also not major surprises-- and Invasion might end up on The CW. What will Kelly Ripa do with all her extra time?

Stick around... Bob will be covering NBC's Upfronts later today.

Kristina Jarvis

I am shocked to find out that Conviction has been cancelled. I never had a problem following any of the story lines and bonding with the actors wasn't hard either. It was rather refreshing to see the struggles of young attorneys.
Invasion was also a show I got hooked on.
With both shows gone NBC doesn't really give me a reason to tune in anymore.

June 26 2006 at 5:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jane Paolini

I am said to see Hope and Faith cancelled. I wish abc would reconsider and keep it going. It is a shame that there are so little comedies on. I hate reality shows. I think they stink and are a waste of time.

June 25 2006 at 8:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Yelena Rybalova

I was appalled to hear "conviction" go. I thought it was an excellent show with an insteresting perspective and characters I could finally relate to! Bring back "conviction" - don't make another "my so-called life" out of this!!

June 21 2006 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jma

I have nothing of value to add, so I'll add what dictionary.com says about the word cancelled:

can·cel
v. can·celed, also can·celled can·cel·ing, can·cel·ling can·cels, can·cels

The moral of the story? Don't be critical of others' spelling on a blog. It's a sign that you don't have anything interesting to say.

June 18 2006 at 3:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Terrell

Conviction is an excellent show and NBC needs to bring it back. I emailed NBC support the show Conviction and to encourage them to renew the show for another season. Even if they moved the show to another day of the week and keep the same time slot NBC would see the ratings go up. I am very disappointed, I hope NBC changes thier minds. If they don't I will miss Ms. Nicholson (ADA Finn)and Mr. Balfour's (ADA Paluso) characters.

June 14 2006 at 1:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Laura

It's about time Hope and Faith got the boot. Just like Will and Grace, after a while the focus was on how sleazy Faith/Karen were. The whole show revolved around that. Joey was getting the same way with Jeanna. It ran its course and I'm glad it's gone. I'm not sure how I missed Conviction but it sounds like it was one worth watching.
Oh,and I agree,no more reality shows! They're getting desperate for ideas and now it's getting stupid. Celebrity cooking???? What's next? A tour of Paris's closet? ( someone needs to lock her IN it!)

June 07 2006 at 10:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jan

I couldn't believe they cancelled Conviction!!! I stopped watching 20/20 and looked forward to seeing it every Friday. I thought it was well done and loved the actors and storylines. If anything, they should give it another chance on another night, since Friday at 10 p.m., is such a hard time for most shows. NBC needs to take another look at there scheduling and try to be a little more intelligent when it comes to their audience. I hope that NBC has a change of heart and resurects Conviction.

June 03 2006 at 8:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shelly Peterson

I think it was the stupidest thing that NBC could have ever done to cancel Conviction. I quit watching FOX because they canceled Tru Calling, and now I am sorely tempted to do the same thing for NBC. They don't really have any good shows anymore, except Crossing Jordan. I really hope that they change their minds and bring it back, although it's not very likely that they will. Please don't let them replace it with another reality show. I hate them and if I wanted reality I could just film my own life. I liked having a break from reality with Conviction and I especially loved the Brian/Christina relationship that was developing. They could have done so much with this show and I hate that they have gotten rid of it. I wish we could organize a boycott until they brought it back, but it would never work. Oh well.

June 03 2006 at 2:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rebecca

Conviction is a great show. I never missed an episode. It kept me wanting more, especially the season finale. Fantastic. Move it to another day or something, just don't cancel the series.

June 01 2006 at 11:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

Unbelievable! ER/American Dreams & now Conviction, but sure let's keep on Earl? Even as stupid as Joey was they gave it a shot the following year. This is really sad - the different story lines made it more interesting to watch, you didn't get bored. I don't know what NBC is thinking, let's keep adding those reality shows where you don't need to "think". Again, unbelievable!

May 29 2006 at 7:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply